Chapter 42

Two got us an apartment in Florida once he made sure Bentley wasn't following us. He's been really attentive to me, caring for my every need. Part of me once actually thought of us as a couple, we act like it except we don't kiss, and do other stuff.

  It hurts though, because I'm still mates with Bentley we still have a bond, no matter what I have to say about it. It literally hurts when I feel the bond breaking when we are so far apart. I hope he's happy. I hope he's happy with his new wife, I hope they have kids, and have the perfect family.

  "Hey Bean!" I got up from the table, away from my coloring to greet Two. He just came back from getting groceries, and various things to fill the empty apartment up.

  I didn't want to go because I didn't really feel good, and I still don't. My head feels really fuzzy, and at times I almost pass out, seeing a bright light and hearing a faint voice that seems so far off into the distance that I could barely hear it.

  "Still not feeling well?" I shook my head, starting to feel the all too familiar dizziness that has come over me at least fifty times today.

"Come on, lay down I'll make you some soup." He walked me down the hall, and I started taking notice of every little thing, trying to memorize it detail for detail in the short time I had walking by.

  The carpet was a creamy brown color, and the walls a boring white. The bathroom had gray tiling and the shower curtain was clear, Two said he will change it soon.

  In the bathroom is a scale that Two makes me go on to check my weight, and make sure I'm gaining properly. He always faced me backwards to make sure I don't see, it's better that way I guess.

I'm not as bad with my weight. I'm aware of it, and I don't like looking at myself in the mirror, but my weight is no longer what I think about every second of every day.

  Walking past the empty play room that we have yet to fill up I see a spider in the corner, I quickly look away, avoiding eye contact with the spawn of Satan.

  When we got to our room I plopped on my bed. Two insisted on getting two different beds because he didn't want to make me feel uncomfortable, we usually end up sleeping in one anyways as it's hard for me to sleep at night.

  I snuggled my face deep into the pillow, just wanting to sleep. I felt covers fall over me, and I felt myself being tucked in.

  "Do you need anything else Bean?" I shook my head no, closing my eyes as I felt a wave of dizziness and fogginess come over me.

  "Ok Bean, sleep well." I didn't respond, not because I didn't want to but because I literally couldn't open my mouth. It was like I was awake but not at the same time.

  All of a sudden I felt a sensation that I was falling, but I could see anything. It felt like I was falling forever but the blackness soon started to fade into a light blue, and the falling abruptly stopped.

  I looked around and I was in a field. The field was filled with flowers of all kinds, and I could smell them with every single inhale.

  It was bright and sunny, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It made me feel genuinely happy to be there.

  Wait.. why am I here in the first place?

  "That's a great question child." I quickly turned around to see a woman. She had long light brown hair and big pretty eyes. She had a smile on her face, and she was wearing seemingly no makeup yet she was still really beautiful.

  "W-Who are you?" I didn't feel particularly intimidated by this woman, she had a nurturing aura about her.

  "Why I'm the moon goddess." My mouth dropped open. This isn't real at all I mean it can't be, I'm not even a werewolf.

  "That is right you aren't a werewolf, but this is a special occasion."

  "You can read my mind?" She nodded her head, smile still on her face. Normally anyone smiling this much would be creepy, but it really seemed to suit her.

  "Now let me tell you why you're here. Your original mate has been disloyal." I nodded my head, looking down. For some reason I was ashamed, even though he's the one that cheated.

  "I'm here to give you a second chance."

  "Sorry I'm not following." She motioned me to walk with her and I did, the knee high grass moving as we walked.

  "Two, you know Two." I nodded my head again.

  "Well you have ten days." She's making no sense.

  "Ten days?"

  "To choose. Choose if you want to be mates and start a bond with Two, or if you want to go back to Bentley and continue your bond with him." She stopped at a large willow tree, my favorite type of tree.

  "What happens if I don't choose?" Her smiled disappeared, and she gently touched my shoulder.

  "See for yourself."

  I looked at the tree to see myself, bent up into a ball screaming in pain. Two was next to me panicking, and calling 911.

  My screams became weak, and I became limp. Two started shaking me, screaming and blood started to dribble out of my mouth.

  I shook my head, and the vision was over. The moon goddess looked at me with a serious expression.

  "Make your choice, not many get one."

  The feeling of dizziness came over me, and the scene of the beautiful field disappeared and was replaced with my room.

  I shot straight up and instantly regretted it as I was met with a banging headache.

  "Two?" My voice was raspy, and my throat was dry.

  "Two??" Two quickly came into the room, with a worried expression on his face.

  "Bean? Are you ok?" I shook my head, motioning him to sit down.

  "I met her." I coughed, and Two ran to get me what I'm assuming is water.

  When he came back I took a sip, my throat feeling much better.

  "I met her." Two looked at me confused.

  "Met who?" I picked at the blanket, thinking about what just happened. I still remember every single detail.

  "The moon goddess."