First Day - Pt.2

(Sketch P.O.V.)

Me, Sub and Alex walk side by side as we head down the road to Gregory's Breakfast Diner. As we were walking there, we bumped into Denis. We chatted for a bit, then he walked with us for the rest of the way. When we got there, the smell of bacon and eggs wafted under our noses. My mouth starts to water. You don't know how much I like breakfast. We enter the diner, and began looking for a spot. 

"Guys, over there!" Denis exclaimed, as he pointed to the six-seated table at the back of the diner. Sitting in one of the chairs, was Corl. He was fast asleep. We approached him quietly, and Alex walked up behind him.

"Watch this." He whispered. He tapped Corl's shoulder. He snorted, but didn't wake.

"HEY CORL! WAKE UP! PABLO IS BEING KIDNAPPED!" Alex shouted in his ear. 

Corl sat up abruptly, and blinked a few times. "PABLO! I NEED TO- Oh hey guys."

"Well, have you ordered anything yet?" I ask him.

"No. I was waiting for you guys to get here." He responded, still sounding tired.

"We bumped into Denis while walking here. We stopped to chat, and time flew by quickly." Alex explained.

"We have to eat quick." Denis adds. We all sit down and begin ordering food. By the time we finished, it was already 7:53 AM. We all paid our part of the bill, and dashed out of the diner, running towards Youtube High School.

(Sub P.O.V.)

Once we all got there, we could see people running towards their classes in a hurry. We are late after all, and it seems like some other people were too. We didn't have time to unpack, instead we took out our schedule and went our separated ways. Apparently me, Sketch, and Denis all had our first class together, which is  video editing. We were a bit lost, but we found out way at the end. When we entered the classroom, the teacher gave us an icy stare. 

"We were just about to take attendance." The teacher said. "What are you waiting for? Take a seat."

There were three empty seats left. Two in the front row, and one in the back. Denis was the first to move. He went to the back of the room and sat. I guess the last two , is for me and Sketch then. We took our seat and the teacher began calling out names.

"Daniel Middleton!" 

"Here!" I turned around, and sitting a few rows back, was a boy with bright blue hair.

"Subzeroextabyte!" 

I raised my hand, without making a sound. My teacher looked at me weirdly. "What's wrong kid? Lost your voice on the first day?"

I shook my head.

"Write it out would you?" He asks.

I nodded. The teacher came over to my desk and gave me a sticky note. On it I wrote,

I'm Mute-deaf, meaning I can't speak at all. I haven't been able to my whole life.

The teacher read it and nodded respectively and continued on, with the attendance taking. Well... this was going to be a long class for sure.