Reaper Time

Even though Nagisa had known the weight of his actions, and thought that he was prepared for the backlash, the reality was far worse. He'd almost have preferred it if there had been a giant confrontation. But no, instead, simply nobody had spoken to Nagisa at all. It wasn't even as if everyone had been there, when Nagisa followed Asano's order, though he couldn't exactly blame them for spreading what had happened. Or the subsequent reaction. Nagisa was a traitor.

He was almost, sickeningly, a little grateful that they had Bitch Sensei's problems to deal with. If buying flowers and trying to set her up with Karasuma was going to take the focus away from him, then Nagisa was surely here for it. Unfortunately, things hadn't gone to plan, and their teacher had been more than mad. Nobody had seen her for days.

"Day three, huh?" Chiba said, when she didn't show up for their English lesson.

"Maybe we went too far," Yada thought.

Korosensei, dressed up in something ridiculous, leaned over by the window. "Call me if anything happens with Irina Sensei. I've got to get to Brazil to take in a football match. Samba-bye!"

"That's right –" Maehara started, "he'd had his mind set on attending that game for a while now. He's your typical once every four years fan."

Kataoka looked down. "I wonder if Bitch Sensei's okay."

"No good," Yada said after attempting to call her number, "I can't get through."

That sounded... suspicious.

Surprisingly, it was Ritsu who spoke up. "There's no sign of her on GPS or public surveillance cameras."

That was definitely alarming. Sure, Bitch Sensei locking herself up to mope for a few days sounded like her exact response to a situation like this, but this was all adding up far too much to just be normal. Then again, she had looked extremely hurt, at everything. Perhaps they'd been underestimating the extent.

"She wouldn't leave over something like this, would she?" Chiba asked, almost rhetorically.

"That's not it," the man who had sold them the bouquet of flowers for Bitch Sensei the other day entered their classroom. "There's still something you need her to do."

"Right?" Fuwa said. "And besides, it's fun having her around."

"Yes, you've bonded nicely, you and her," he said, setting down the flowers he carried. "My preliminary research has already verified that much. All I'll do is exploit that."

Wait. This wasn't right. Why was this man here, saying such threatening things? Nagisa felt a chill run through his whole body, and sickness boil in his chest.

"I'm the assassin known as The Repaer," he said, like it was nothing. "And now I have a lesson for you all. A flower's beauty negates human caution and opens the heart. But the original reason flowers evolved to be so lovely and fragrant – Ritsu, bring up the image I sent you – was to attract insects."

The image pulled up on Ritsu's screen was nothing short of horrifying. So horrifying, in fact, Nagisa hardly believed it was real, much like something out of a thriller movie or a video game. There was no mistaking it, though. That was their teacher, beaten and chained up like a torture victim. He almost threw up.

"I'll cut to the chase," the Reaper continued, "If you want to keep her alive you must all come to the location I specify – and not a word to your teachers. You don't have to if you don't want to. I can send her to you. To each of you. Equally. In little pieces. And my next flower will likely be one of you."

"Hey, now, buddy," Terasaka, apparently uncaring that he was up against the most famous assassin, "we have no real obligation to save that bossy bitch. Plus... did you think we wouldn't give you a beat down, right here, you kidnapper?"