Chapter 5 : Reminisce of the Past.

*Nightmare Empress, Maria Shadowheart*

I am currently sitting in my throne waiting for my beloved daughters to come here to report. I sent them on a mission requested by one of my old friends to kill a few nobles who were plotting to go against her.

As I was waiting the reaper notified me of they're arrival.

"Your majesty, the Nightmare Princess and the two Nightmares have come." (Reaper)

I then gave my approval for them to enter.

Then door then opened and three girls came inside. They then bowed as per courtesy and greeted me.
After their greeting I gave permission for them to give their report.

"So how was the mission this time around?" (Maria)

"It went smoothly our identities weren't exposed only the branch leader and his close aids knew about our mission." (Eliza)

Very good it went smoothly members of the Black Rose and Inner members of Nightmare Palace cant betray us as they are bound to a contract to be loyal to me and Nightmare Palace. If they do betray us their life will be eliminated and their souls destroyed.

"The branch leader in the Shiina Capital is John right? If I remember correctly." (Maria)

"Yes that is correct." (Eliza)

She then gave a detailed report regarding their mission this time around. This mission was from one of my close friends so I sent my daughter herself and her subordinate. After giving a report I dismissed her and told her to come to my room later.

"Well them I shall be going now mother." (Eliza)

They then bowed and said their farewells. As I was looking at them leaving I reminisce about the time I picked her up and adopted her back then it really was a pain to teach her and her face was void of emotion, I am glad that she is showing more emotions now even although she was still cold as ever she does show more expression.

I then think to those days when I first picked her up.

*Flashback.*

As I was jumping from roof to roof heading back to the headquarters of the organization that I created, the black rose I smelled the scent of blood coming from a house. I was familiar with its scent as per my job as an assassin. I then entered the house and walked to the living room and saw an expressionless child with silvery white hair holding a knife and two bodies of humans a male and a female probably her parents lying down on the ground.

The girl looked towards me with eyes that are dead inside. I do not know what came over me but when I saw those eyes I had the urge to take her in. But I am glad that I did pick her up back then. I then picked the girl up and brought her to the Black Rose Headquarters when they saw me bringing a little girl with me they immediately questioned me about her some of them even thought she was my illegitimate child. What the hell.

Anyway time past by and the 14 year old child turned 15 years of age(I learned her birthday later on). During my breaks from work I taught her general knowledge like arithmetic and how to write and read. I also taught her about history. One day when I was training my katana arts she came and watched me. As I was engrossed in my training I didn't notice her at first. But after I did I asked her.

"Do you wanna try?" (Maria)

I asked her she then nodded with an expressionless face. This was the day that her training began. At first I taught her as like a hobby but when I saw her talent and perseverance I started to teach her seriously. I taught her my family's martial arts, The Shadowheart Style which composed of three different set of arts. the Killing Arts, Shadow Arts, and Martial Arts.

The Killing Arts an art which specializes in assassination techniques and manipulating of killing intent and bloodlust.

The Shadow Arts which specializes in concealment and manipulation of shadows

And The Martial arts of the family which contains techniques passed down from generation to generation which includes every weapon out there such as sword and unarmed combat.

I thought her everything that was passed down to me by my family. She is a genius and a quickly picked up the techniques I taught her and things I didn't teach her she also created techniques on her own that she picked up during training.

Time passed and after another year she grew to the level of A+ class it wont take long for her to reach S- class
During this year I also brought her in some mission to get her more accustomed to killing even. When I first brought her in a mission she didn't show much reaction to killing it seems she has a gift as an Assassin I thought thinking of this I trained her as an assassin.

On one occasion I brought her to meet a friend of mine a vampire from the ancient Bathory Family one of the ancient vampire line ages there she got acquainted with the daughter of my friend, Alysia Melivina Bathory. They got along well and we visited frequently I brought her every time I gone there to visit. I thought it was nice for her to have a friend near her age. As vampires stop aging in the ages between 15-18 and the girl's age is in between there she got along with her nicely.

Then one day I heard news of my friend's death apparently due to the greed of her other relatives they plot to kill her as she was the next in line head of their family. After some investigations I found out that Nightrise Palace was involved in this matter in my anger I then ordered my subordinates to eliminate everyone involved in this incident this was the day that Nightrise Palace was destroyed and my daughter's fame rose. As I had her in-charge of the operations to destroy Nightrise Palace.

While I kill those in the Bathory Family involved with my friend death. Her daughter I adopted as my own and raise her as my own daughter I trained both of them in my family's martial arts.

Then another year went by. My daughter is now 17 years old. During this year I inherited Nightmare Palace from my parents during these few years it grew to become one of the powerhouse in the continent. Rivaling those ancient families and factions.

It remained a secret that Black Rose and Nightmare Palace are from the same Faction so people thought that in the top 10 Assassin Powers black rose and Nightmare palace are the the top 1 and 2.

*Flashback ends*

I then noticed that a certain amount of time has passed I then remembered the my scheduled meeting with my daughter in my room is near. So I got up from my throne and head towards my room.

..
...
....
.....

:/