The Coffee Shop (A Jinjin Fanfic)

My alarm starts ringing trying to wake me up. I sleepily roll over, prying my eyes open to check the time. My digital clock reads 7:00. I quickly jump out of my bed realizing I would be late for work. I quickly change into my black and white uniform trademarked with the logo and name of my coffee shop. Its name is Aroras Coffee, it's a small coffee shop about five minutes walking, away from my apartment. I'm the manager and owner, and I'm the only one who works there currently. The business goes slow enough that I can do everything on my own. The shop opens at 7:30 and it's 7:15 as I'm running out of my apartment.

═══════ ≪ ༺༻ ≫ ═══════

As I reach the outside the smell of rain is on the wind and only a few rays of sunlight peek through the thick clouds. I jog in the direction of Aroras Coffee, putting my earbuds in and waving to the others on the sidewalk. Through my earbuds, I hear someone loudly calling my name. "Haylie!". I turn around quickly and see my friend, Shuying running towards me, waving her hand wildly in the air.
"What I'm going to be late."
"Well about that, I want to help."
"I'm ok with that, but we have to hurry," I say grabbing her wrist and we continue running in the same direction.

═══════ ≪ ༺༻ ≫ ═══════

When we reach the coffee shop I unlock it quickly and scramble in pulling Shuying with me. I toss her a volunteer shirt with Aroras Coffee printed on it. I tie my faded apron around my waist and grab a bag of coffee beans to start brewing basic coffee. I quickly pour the beans and flipped the sign on the door to open.

═══════ ≪ ༺༻ ≫ ══════

"7:35, not too late if I do say so myself," I say looking at the clock hanging on the wall.
"Haylie! How do I know when the coffee is done? This thing is ancient."
"There's a green light that turns on, it's not that hard," I say laughing slightly. I turn my back on the door and walk over to Shuying, grabbing menus along my way. "I'll do this, can you go set these on all the tables please," I ask Shuying pushing the menus towards her.
"Yeah, sure," she says grabbing the stack of menus and doing laps around the shop dropping a few on each table.

═══════ ≪ ༺༻ ≫ ══════

It was now 8:00 and no one had been in the shop. Shying and I were sitting at a table drinking some coffee when the bell on the door finally started ringing. We both stand up and run behind the counter. "Welcome," I say giving a small wave to the man who entered. He had dark red hair that needed to be redyed because his black hair was showing at his roots. He was wearing a baggy sweater with Astro printed on it.
"Would you like anything today?"
"Yes, just one hot Americano, please."
"Alright that is five dollars, and it will be ready soon."
He hands me a 10 dollar bill and I give him a five in return. "Thank you for coming, I hope you enjoy your coffee," I say closing the cash register and giving him a small smile.
"You too," he says while looking around the shop. It takes us both a few seconds until we realize what he said. We both burst into laughter and Shuying gives me a few glances questioning what had just happened. I wave her off and signal that I'll tell her later.

═══════ ≪ ༺༻ ≫ ══════

Shuying and I had just closed up shop and had started walking towards my apartment building. "So what happened this morning with that guy?" Shuying asks looking at me strangely.
"Well you know how when someone says enjoy your meal, and then you say you too. That's what happened and we both started laughing."
"Aw man, I missed it. Why do I always miss the funny things?"
"You don't miss everything. You saw me attack that girl the other day because she didn't like my bias."
"Oh yeah, I guess I just miss a few funny moments."
We laughed the whole time to my apartment until Shuying had to leave me and carry on to her apartment.

═══════ ≪ ༺༻ ≫ ══════

I had just finished climbing the set of stairs to reach the floor my apartment is on. I was strangely tired even though work was slow. I pulled out my keys and was about to unlock my door when I hear someone yelling. "Hey, you in the coffee shop uniform, I want to talk to you," I turn towards the voice and I see the man from this morning. He does a small jog towards me and hands me a piece of paper. "Read this, take it to thought, then decide what to do with it," he says all this quickly then turns around and enters a room a few doors down from me. "Uh ok then," I unfold the paper and see it has a small note written in messy handwriting. 'Hi, you seem nice and I'm new here so please text me'. I smile and think about how cute he sounded even through a note. I was definitely going to text him later, but I still had a strange thought in my mind, he looks very familiar...

═══════ ≪ ༺༻ ≫ ══════