Chapter 1

^Ryan^

(Ryan POV)

Rain drizzles on my face as i race deeper through the trees and thunder continues to roars thoughout the skies. I can feel my paws getting wet with each step I take. Hmm.... Paws? Im getting tired of running, but if I stop that creature will kill me. My breathing accelerates as I push myself to run further, and further away from the darkness that follows behind. An animal howls in the distance and i can't help but feel all of the sadness and pain coming from its cry.

I glance down and notice that my white fur is getting filthy from the mud I was running on. Wait...... Why do I have fur?..... and paws? I abruptly stop in my tracks and examine myself. What am I? I turn around to see my chaser as vicious teeth meet my face.......................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shoot up from my bed and catch my mouth before I get the chance to scream. I double check my surroundings and pat myself all over. I'm alive. It was just a dream Ryan, you're ok.

I bounce off my bed and sprint to my closet to get something to wear for school. Today is my first day at Westlake High since my family and I moved from Riverside a couple days ago.

I can honestly say that Texas was not how I expected it to be. Not all the grass here is dried out, and not every plant is a catcus. So far I love it here, the people are really nice. But I haven't gotten used to the whole y'all and howdy thing they do. That's what Texans do right?

I decided that I was going to wear a pink hearted crop top with my high waisted shorts and black vans. Making my way over to my make up dresser, I applied some light make up. Nothing too slutty or caked up, just nice and simple. I take a look at myself in the mirror. Hey, who's that sexy girl? Damn she's fine, I joked with myself.

I took my curling iron and made some loose curls in my hair and then added a little bit of hairspray. The hairspray made my strawberry blonde highlights glisten with the rest of my dirty blonde hair. Now to top it off with a cute champagne bow.

Grabbing my backpack I sprinted out of my room and saw Briana. I nearly knocked her over in my rush.

Briana is my annoying little sister. She has no sense of fashion whatsoever and is 110% a tom boy. All she does is play Minecraft on Xbox and talk to stupid guys on there. She needs to get a hobby or something.

There's no time left for me to eat so Im just gonna have some dry cherrios in a bag. The whole downstairs is empty. Where is my mom? or John? John is my step dad and the reason we moved to Texas. My mom wanted to be as far away from my real dad as possible. John is alright he's pretty nice and he takes care of us so I'm happy.

"Mom I'm gonna be late on my first day!" God where is that woman when you need her.

"I'm right here hun, lets go." I found my mom standing by the front door shaking her keys in her hands.

"Finally," I breathed. We head out to the car and make our way to the school.

" So Ryan when you get to school make sure..." I tuned her out most of the way and rest my head against the seat.

I peered out the window looking at the forests we pass by. Then something caught my eye. A brown furry animal flashed through the trees and then disappeared when I blinked again.

" Mom! Mom! Did you see that?" I pointed and kept slapping my mom's arm impatiently.

"Ryan are you even listening me? I told you, you need to make sure you stop by the office to get your schedule. And don't be shy make some friends here, ok?" I nodded my head. Does this woman even know me? I'm so social that not making friends is impossible for me.