distraught feelings

Depuis le début

Perhaps you should be more like Edd. If you keep on focusing on the fact that it's the apocalypse every moment of your life, you're going to become depressed and potentially insane. Edd would help you, and so would the other guys. Your life was not going to suck, you would not let it.

"Of course." you nod your head with an unusual sense of power in your eyes.

Edd's eyes lit up with excitement. "Alright! Tord's going to be really happy." he said pumping his fists into the air.

"Wait, what?" you chuckle confused. Did he just say what you thought he just said? Tord? Happy? To see you?

Edd quickly wiped the smile off his face. "Nothing."

You shrugged you shoulders, but didn't shrug off the thought. Maybe Tord came up with idea? Or perhaps Edd didn't know what he was talking about? However, one question still lingered in your mind, but you washed it away trying to forget it.

Re-positioning the straps on your backpack, the two of you approached Tord's house. Except this time he was waiting on the porch, hands in pocket, looking oddly shy. Noticing you two stopping at the yard, he hurried over to Edd's side closest to the road. Nothing is said, and you continue down the sidewalk with both of the boys.

Cars were no longer parked in the parking lot. Although shattered glass covered a parking space. The only thing that remained of the boy who smoked at the front doors was a cigarette bud, cold and mushed.

Edd held open the door you mutter what sounded like a thanks and entered. The building was not its toasty self like usual. The heat was usually on due to the chilly air outside; you could only guess why.

Tord let out a grunt. "I don't see why we bother coming." he said through clenched teeth. You hardly heard him, your mind was in another world. The whole situation with your father brought many theories. He probably left because he afraid of the apocalypse. That little selfish scum... Not even thinking to take his daughter and wife. He only cared about himself, he only cared about what he wanted. He was an ignorant father. Never there on your important days even when he could, he wanted nothing to do with you. Although he payed for your education and other items, so at least it wasn't completely neglectful...

"See you in a bit." you farewell to Tord and Edd as you approach your locker, veering off to the left. Opening your locker, you place your butcher's knife in the top shelf once again, then taking out a small pocket knife from your backpack that you found in your father's dresser. You clutched it tightly in your hand, imagining having it while you being chased yesterday.

Taking a deep breath, you shut your locker and head to first period, still gripping the weapon in your hand.

Mrs. Henry was, yet again, not there. You suspected she had left as well. However, Tom was in the room. He sat in his usual spot. He sat looking out the window, hand over his mouth. His "eyes" were wide with wonder, as if he had seen something he could never unsee. You approached gingerly.

"Hey..." the quiet remark made Tom jump. He snapped his head towards you, hand still over mouth. He generally surprised. "You okay?" you asked very curious as to why he was acting so odd.

He uncovered his mouth, it opened and closed, trying to speak with no luck. Finally, he choked out his words. "I-I saw Bella." Bella? Who was Bella? Tom noticed your confused expression. "The girl who attacked you." You realized what he saw. No one had actually summed up the guts to drag her body out of the building, you suspected she still lay in the halls creating a putrid smell.