POST GAME

"Ate Lay! We'll go ahead na." Risa shouted loud enough for Alyssa to hear over the rushing water down her tired body.

"Okay, okay. Ingat kayo!" She shouted back then hearing fading footsteps seconds later.

Alyssa closed her eyes as she enjoys the hot shower calming her swollen muscles. The pain is manageable and expected, considering this is her first game again after few months of rest from playing volleyball. But this kind of pain is something she wouldn't mind, at all.

Maybe I shouldn't rest for more than a month.

She mentally told herself. She has been itching to go back in court since she was bombarded with tv guestings, interviews, tours, etc. Not that she's complaining, but for her, volleyball is volleyball. It should always come first. But she knew she can't just say no to most invitation, can she?

Alyssa let out a deep breath and turned the shower off. She quickly dried herself and stepped out of the shower in a sports bra and a towel to cover her lower body. She hastily comb her hair and tossed it inside her bag.

"Kasing bilis ng palo mo ang pagsuklay ah." A voice spoke from the back.

Alyssa creased her forehead and turned around to see that familiar voice. Seeing the girl, a smile formed in her lips.

"Miss me?"Myla asked as she walked towards the smiling Alyssa.

" Nah. Of course not." Alyssa lied which made the girl frown.

" Okay. So iuuwi ko na lang pabalik tong frozen brazo the dala ko. " Myla threatened as she jokingly started to head out for the door.

Alyssa quickly grabbed her arm and let out a laugh, dimples showing in her cheeks.

" Uy, iwan mo 'yung brazo." Alyssa pleaded.

"Wow. Sa brazo talaga ang concern Lay ha." Myla rolled her eyes.

"I'm just kidding. I miss you Mayls. 'San ka ba nagsusuot at di kita nakikita? Kahit sa NT training di kita nakakasabayan ah." Alyssa asked truthfully.

" Yeah, yeah. Medyo busy lang sa work kaya I'm currently finding it hard to juggle work and training pa. But promise I'll gonna make it sa next training." Myla explained.

" Adulting is real, huh." Alyssa smiled.

"Sinabi mo pa." Myla seconded. " O pano, may pupuntahan pa ako Lay. Dinaan ko lang talaga yan sa'yo and to catch up na din."

"Oh okay. Thankyo Mayls ha. Pero sa susunod sana 2 boxes na 'to ha." She joked.

"Demanding porke't laging pinapakita sa icon cam kanina."

Alyssa just laugh and hug the girl to bid goodbye. Unfortunately, they were in that position when the door cracked open, showing Dennise giving a look at her, then to Mayla, and back at her.

Mayla, who doesn't seem to mind the look Dennise is giving, gave Alyssa a quick kiss in the cheek and head towards the door. She smiled and said hi to Dennise before giving Alyssa a quick mischievous glance and wink.

Alyssa is torn whether to gulp in the unexplained guilt she's feeling or call Mayla and give the brazo de mercedes back to her. She quickly decided to place the box in the desk beside her and gave Dennise a smile.

" Hi." She gave her best cute-and-innocent smile in hope to dismiss the darkening aura inside the room.

But Dennise just raised her eyebrow and walked inside, shutting the door behind her with more impact than needed. Alyssa can't help but to squirm a little with the loud thud.