PART 1:Home Coming

I know this gal

She's crazy for her girl

And she says

She's everything, her whole wide world

And I know

They've got something deep inside

'Cause she's got nothing to hide

She took a sip of her morning coffee as she settled herself in the sofa, facing the waves that softly caress the white shore. The sunrise is slowly peeking in the distant horizon, winning the battle of dawn against the dark skyline. As she inhaled the salty breeze of air, a smile formed in her lips. Oh, how she loved the smell of it, with the view of the blue façade before her eyes. She woke up early this morning, like she always do ever since she came here in Rio, and jogged in the seaside. She then took a shower and have her morning coffee ritual.

It's Saturday and normally she'll prepare herself for a rigid training later together with her team, the Brazil national team for women's volleyball. She was recruited after her last playing year in UAAP, season 78. But her contract with the team ended last week. The team would love her to sign another contract but she already cleared her intentions that maybe it's now time for her to go home and play for her own national flag. Though hard, the staff understood her decision. They knew that she would be a huge lose in the team.

Why not? Even as a rookie, Alyssa showed her volleyball prowess as a very promising spiker. As the years passed, she became one of the world renowned volleyball athlete as her spiking skills developed as well as her blocking and digging skills. Numerous MVP awards and medals were given to her, to the pride of her Filipino kababayan.

She took another sip from her mug and checked her phone for emails. There are about 10 new messages but one surely caught her attention. It was from Preview mag.ph, inviting her to cover for their next month's issue. She chuckled. Of course they knew. Everyone's going gaga in the Philippines when the news broke that she didn't renew her contract here in Brazil. The news about The Phenom going home sent the Filipino volleyball community in craze. The truth is, yes she'll go home, but still not sure when. She reached for a Filipino medical magazine and opened it in an oh so familiar page (coz she read it over and over again) featuring an article about a volleyball superstar turned pediatrician, paving her way in the medical world. She stared at the picture beside the article, a lady in a doctor's gown, hands crossed in her chest, her hair just below her shoulder blades and tucked in her ears. Her blue eyes glistened as she went for a full smile. She typed a reply in the email and touched send. Her eyes settled again in the picture for another look and smiled.

See you soon, Dr. DL.

And this girl

Says she laugh away the years

Oh, but she cries

Those every sort of every kind of tears

And I know

It's love, that sweet, sweet love

And you see,

Coz this is what she said to me

"Besh, let's go?" she saw Ella peeked in the door.

"Yes besh. Let's go." She smiled at her friend as she stood from her desk and grabbed her bag.