*Chapter 19*

I was shivering uncontrollably when my eyes finally bursted open. What happened? I sat up and groaned instantly feeling dizzy. Urg that's right. I'm in jail. After recovering from my head rush, I stood up and waked to the bars. There was an officer a couple cells down. He noticed me staring and smirked pulling out his walkie talkie.

"Uh yeah ma'am. Criminal 108 is awake."

"Cuff her and bring her down." A woman's voice replied.

"Yes ma'am," with that he clipped his walkie talkie back onto his belt and walked over to my cell. "It's such a shame such a pretty girl like you is stuck in this hell hole." He smirked again. My eyes filled up with hatred and disgust for this guy. He swiftly grabbed both my hands and cuffed them behind my back. I didn't even put up a fight. This is what I deserved. This will keep me out of the world. It will keep all the people I love safe. "This will be easier then I thought," the officer said again from behind me, his hot breath tickling my neck.

"Yeah don't get that close to me," I said shuttering, my voice low and dark. The guy shrugged and started leading me down a long dark hallway. It almost looked like a scene from one of those cheesy ghost investigator shows where all the hands stick out of the cells and the people beg for mercy to be let out.

"Because your so young I'm going to give you some tips," the officer whispered loud enough for me to hear, "first off be super polite. They will appreciate it after dealing with assholes for days straight." I nodded

"Okay..."

"Second, make eye contact. It will let them know you mean business. It will also lead them to think your not lying." He sighed, "and last, be honest to an extent. You never lie. Ever. But being honest to an extent allows them to know the truth, just not the whole truth."

"Why are you helping me?" I asked curiously. I mean this can't be good for his job.

"Because you are young. You have your whole life ahead of you." Phenomenon stopped and a soft smile appeared. A small smile crept it's way into the corners of my lips as well. "We're here. And remember what I said,"

"Thank you," I said before taking a deep breath and waking into the interrogation room. There was a fairly large woman (large as in huge and buff) sitting in a chair across from where I was supposed to sit. Standing behind here were two, also large, officers.

"Ah! Criminal 108. Please have a seat."

"I have a name," I growled completely ignoring the first rule.

"Well technically," she paused to look me dead in the eye, "you don't,"

"W-what do you mean I don't?" I practically screamed feeling extremely anxious.

"Have a seat 108," I obeyed waking over to my seat and sitting down awkwardly considering that my hands were still handcuffed behind my back. I took a deep breath closing my eyes.

"Now tell me why I technically don't have a name,"

"After we caught you, like all inmates I had to do a background check on you." She chuckled. "But see this is where it becomes difficult. You don't have a background,"

"What do..." I paused having a burst of reality slap me.

"Shh let me finish. Well we are used to dirty scum bags like you going back and clearing their background. But after looking more thorough, I realized that you aren't recorded as ever being born." She stood up and paced around the room. "The name that you claim to go by is Sky Woods right?"

"Right."

"That's what I thought. I went back through some old files of mine because that name rings a bell." She snickered raising an eyebrow. "Tell me about Hope,"