*Chapter 4*

"Here we are!" Brent announced as we pulled up to his house. It was a decent sized house in a farly nice neighborhood. I got out of the car awkwardly not knowing what to do.

"So do we need to tell your parents..."

"I..uh actually don't live with my parents."

"So you live on your own?"

"No I live with my aunt."

"So we need to tell your aunt Im spending the night?" I asked

"No. She is probably drunk and crashed up in her room and won't be awake until tomorrow in like the afternoon."

"Oh ok."

"Here come in" he walked over to the door and lead me in. I walked into a horrific sight. There were beer bottles scattered all over the floor. It smelled like something dead was rooting in their, and trust me I would know what that smells like. "I know it's not the best..."

"It's fine." I replied.

"Wow your house must be pretty bad then if your fine with this." I just shrugged. "Ok well let me show you to your room." We walked up the stairs to a room furthest down the hallway

"This is mine?" I asked walking in. Compared the rest of the house it was really nice.

"Ya. Ok well do you need anything?" He asked befor leaving the room.

"No this will be fine. Thanks for letting me spend the night here." I smiled shyly at him still uncomfortable about this whole situation.

"Ya of corse. My rooms just right across the hall so if you need me just yell or something. Goodnight." He said walking out of the room. I sat down on the bed and waited. It was about twenty minutes befor I left. Dont get me wrong, it was really sweet for Brent to let me stay an all, but I couldn't. I snuck out through the front door and started my walk home. Brent house wasn't that far away from the woods. As I was walking I started to feel guilty for just leaving Brent without any warning. But I didn't feel comfortable enough staying there.

When I got to my house I snuck around to the back where I saw my window. I decided to get I touch with my inner ninja and climbed up the wall to my window and opened it sliding into my room. It was pitch black. I turned on the light to see no one was in my room. Putting on my pajamas I decided I was to exhausted to go tell anyone I was home so I just went to my bed and was crashed within seconds.

~*~

I woke up early wich was unusual for me, but even more strand considering I didn't go to bed until around two in the morning. Sitting up in bed I instantly felt guilt overwhelm me. Not normal guilt thugh. It was double guilt. The main reason was ditching Brent after he was so kind to me. The second one was leaving my family and not telling them where I was. Knowing my mom she was probably worried sick about me. After thinking this through several times, I decided I better go confront whomever was downstairs and accept my punishment.

I slowly tiptoed down the stairs and took a deep breath. Turning the corner into the kitchen and was instantly tackled to the ground.

"Smile? What are you doing here boy?" I asked looking around. Even though Smile was our dog he lived mostly in the woods. And we didn't have a dog door or anything so I was completely clueless to how he got in the house. Smile pulled me out of my thoughts with a huge slobbery kiss all over my cheek. "Awww I love you too boy." I smiled squishing his face up in my hands and kissing his head.

"Sky! Where have you been?" Sally asked walking out of the living room.

"It's kinda a long story." I shrugged. "How dead am I?"