14

Hazel's pov

After making my promise to Ace we road on his bike to where ever he was taking us. I could tell what was about to happen gave him a worrying feeling deep down. The way his heart sped up and his muscles tightened again and again told me he was scared, but of what?

We came up to his house and he punched in a code and the gates opened. As we got closer I head a women talking very loud and Ace's mom's voice as well. Remember the promise, remember the promise.

A black car sat in front of Ace's house with a women with a slick back bun in the driver seat. I know those type of people, they house children in foster care.

A black women sat on the hood with a little girl in her arms yelling at Ace's mom. Promise, the promise.

"Baby please go straight inside to my room." Ace asked as he helped me slide off his bike. I just nodded and from the look he gave me he knew I was going to defy him and listen in on the conversation.

He grabbed my hand and walked me over to the steps where I stood behind his mom looking at the women who looked back at me mad as ever.

As Ace got closer the little girl reached her arms out and pulled in her mom's arms. The women backed up from Ace but Ace quickly grabbed the little girl and pointed to Amelia. The little girl ran up into her arms and Amelia left pulling on me to follow. As the front door closed the yelling began.

The little girl looked at me behind Amelia. Her eyes were like Ace's but tinted a few shades darker with dark brown on the outside. She had long black curly hair that hit the middle of her shoulder blades. She was a very cute little girl.

"Heaven stay here till I get back okay?" Amelia asked her.

"Okay gaga." She jumped up on the couch and turned on the tv. I followed Amelia to Ace's room. We stepped in his room and she closed the door, I talked before her.

"Just tell me if that's his daughter or not. I just wanna know that." Amelia nodded her head slowly. I plopped on to his bed as Amelia opened and closed her mouth like a fish out of water. She locked eyes with me for a second before she just turned and left me be.

I sat on his bed just thinking about the little girl. I can't interfere with her mom's and Ace's relationship. I can't take a child from her mom...like mine walked away from me. I just can't.

A solid 45 minutes later Ace walked in and I already knew he wanted to talk about what I thought. But I didn't let him.

"I refuse to take a daughter from her mom. I refuse to split a family apart. I can't Ace." I got up and walked to his door. As my hand touched the door nob he slammed it shut and pinned me between his arms against the door.

"You promised you would let me explain." His eyes pleaded with mine sadness rising up.

"Then talk but my opinion still stands." I replied crossing my arms as he lowered his.

"Heaven is three now. Her mother's name is Nichole and we were lovers. She was the first girl I was in love with and we started dating in sixth grade, and were off and on till Jr year. We had Heaven when I was sixteen and she was fifteen. A year later she took her from me and told me I would never see her again. Nichole called me earlier today saying she was leaving and didn't want her anymore. She said I would get her in three weeks but she came early because she couldn't deal with her screaming. I couldn't let my daughter go into foster care, I couldn't let that happen. Hazel I know you feel as if you are interfering but you aren't. I want you in my life, what I felt for Nichole is no where near what I feel for you. You are so different and so rare I can't let you go without a fight. Please please don't leave me. Just try and do this before giving up on it please baby." Before I could reply a soft knock sounded through the room.

I opened it to see Heaven reaching for me? I picked her up and she grabbed my face in her hands looking at me.

"Gaga says you like my daddy. Gaga said you might leave daddy cuz me. You gonna?"

"Well sweetheart I'm not sure. Your daddy needs to take care of you before me."

"But we can share daddy. Daddy is strong and can take care us both. Please don't leave daddy, daddy cares bout you lots. Like he cares bout me." She hugged me around the neck and jumped out my arms and left out the door.

I stayed quiet and sat on Ace's bed again looking at the ground thinking about what the hell just happened. A three year old girl just asked me to stay with her dad, what the actual hell is this world. As I let out a breath Ace was in front of me on one knee picking my chin up with his index finger for me to look at him.

"Baby girl I know it's only been a day with you but I can't let you go. I love my daughter very much and one day I hope to love you too. Stay and try it out. That's all I ask it that you try it." He ran his thumb over my cheek before giving me a sweet kiss. I melted into his hand kissing him back. I pulled away.

"I will stay, but when we feel we won't leave each other forever I want the truth about your life. You tell me yours and I will tell you mine. Deal grey eyes?" I asked as he climbed up to me as I slowly backed up.

"Yes baby girl it's a deal." He said.

I hope he is ready to hear my past to...my nightmare of a past.