And If... You give me the answers ?

Start from the beginning

"Well..."

TINASHE'S POV:

Patrick ?

Patrick Dohnson ?

The Patrick I knew ?

It couldn't be possible. Why would he do that for ? I wasn't aware of any kind of rivalry between those two. That I knew of, they never bothered to really acknowledge each other. Richard and Patrick didn't like nor hate each other. They simply didn't care about one another.

I really couldn't think of a reason for him to do that to Richard. Except if I missed something. I wasn't sure now, but I was going to find out what was going on as I was driving to the police station where they said Patrick was held in for the time being. I literally left work for this. Before I could totally proceed what was happening, I was already in my car and on my way there.

As I stopped the car at a red light, my phone started ringing. I answered with the bluetooth. "Hey, girl ! "

"Heyyyy ! What the fuck just happened ? I turned the TV on and they're saying that Patrick tried to set Richard up. Why would he do that for ? I was never aware of a rivalry between him and Richard."

"I know. I'm on my way down there to see what's going on. I'm so confused. Patrick isn't that type of individual. He wouldn't do that, even if he was actually in conflict with someone. He's a nice guy."

"I don't know him like that, but for all I saw and heard about him, and from the few little times I talked with him, I say the same."

"Yeah, he didn't do that."

"Totally agreeing with you. Uh, but tell me, you're not sounding exactly like yourself. Something you want to talk about ? "

Why did she know me so well ? I was happy to have such a great best friend in my life, but I needed her to not notice those things sometimes. I I didn't really like to talk about the issues I was having in my life, but I'd rather listen and give advice to people.

I sighed, "damn. Was it that evident ? "

"Yes. And when we saw each other at Church, you seemed so preoccupied. What happened ? "

"Uh, well..." My friends still didn't know about the pregnancy scare Richard and I had, and I still didn't want to talk about this, with anybody. I felt like I was going to be judged and they'll believe they were right about us still loving each other, what wasn't true. I didn't want to deal with all that.

"Yes ? "

"It's my dad. I was mad that he didn't show up at RJ's birthday and this morning he showed up to drop off his gift. Can you believe this man bought him a Rolex ? " I began driving again when the light turned green.

"Damn, what ? "

"Yeah and then we talked and...I found out that his hate for Richard is so big that he can't be around his own grandson, because RJ reminds him so much of Richard."

"Wow ! That's fucked up. But you know what, he's the only one missing on something in this situation. Shame on him ! RJ is an amazing kid and he has a lot of people who love him dearly and could kill for him, so he doesn't need your sorry ass father in his life anyways. Sorry, but I had to say it."

I hummed, "yeah, you're right. It's always good to talk with you." I agreed, even though it was stabbing my heart to admit the truth. I didn't want to accept the fact that my father held the same hate or almost for my baby because he'd never liked Richard. That was so unfair and really not making sense to me.