The pregnancy / birth of Maddie

Today was the day Joyce was planning on telling Monty about the pregnancy. Joyce glanced at herself in the mirror imagining what she would look like once or even if she got to full term with the baby.

Joyce grabbed a pillow from the bed, put it up inside her top, and looked at herself with a rounded stomach but to be honest Joyce quite like it because she did not look to bad providing that she did not put too much weight on with the baby.

Joyce heard the front door open and close which brought Her back to the present.

"Joyce?" Monty called out.

Joyce wasn't sure what to say so she walked out of her bedroom chucking the pillow back on the bed and walked out of her room and poked her head round the door "I'll be there in a second" Joyce rushed back into the room placing the test's back into the box, placing it deep into her make up box .

"Okay, you can do this" Joyce said taking deep breathes as she walked out of her room.

Joyce walked into the kitchen and over to Monty.

Monty turned to see Joyce walk in "Hey my love, feeling better today?" Monty asked walking up to Joyce placing a kiss on her lips.

"I'm more than fine " Joyce said a little to brightly.

Monty frowned at Joyce as he put the food way in the cupboards and Joyce smiled. Monty had his back to Joyce  as he put the food way in the cupboards. Joyce walked up behind Monty and wrapped her arms round his waist and hugged him tight.

"Hey, what's that for?" Monty said turning round opening his arms for Joyce to walk into.

"I love you that's all" She said hugging Monty.

"I love you too" Monty kissed the top of Joyce's head.

Later that evening Joyce and Monty were sitting round the dinner table in their apartment when Joyce asked "Monty, do you remember the question you asked me in Neptune's on what was meant to our honeymoon ?" Joyce looked up at Monty who nodded and looked at Joyce.

"Of course I remember, I asked you if you wanted to have children. why?" Joyce shrugged.

" well ...How would you feel if I was pregnant?" Monty  looked at Joyce.

"I would be over the moon"Joyce smiled.

"that's good because ... I think you will want to see this..." Joyce pulled out the tests from the empty seat next to her and handed Monty the box.

Joyce watched Monty closely.

He opened the box taking one test out of the box and placing it on the table then , taking out the other test.

"So...does that mean that..."Monty looked down at the tests with the clear pink lines then at Joyce who nodded with a big smile on her face.

"I'm pregnant Monty" Joyce beamed.
" How ?" Joyce frowned " what do you mean how? I'm trying to have a happy moment with you and you've ruined it" Joyce sighed.
" Joyce, I didn't mean it but I mean it can't be from that time that was nothing and it didn't count" Monty frowned.
"Well it did and yes it was rubbish" Joyce snapped.
"Look, I'm sorry and You have just made me the happiest man alive, I love you Joyce " Monty jumped out of his chair and helped Joyce up out of her chair and took her into his arms and kissed her passionately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
( I'm skipping the pregnancy as I want to start the family chapters more)
Joyce was at reception when she felt a sharp stabbing pain, she doubled over "Mrs T?, are you alright?" Lesley asked.
"Ugh Yeah I'm Fine I'm sure it's nothing" Joyce went back to the paper work when the pain came back again.
" Lesley go and get Monty Now!" Joyce snapped and Lesley nodded and rushed off to get Monty.

A few minutes later Monty and Lesley rushed over to Joyce "Joyce , what's wrong?" Monty ran over to Joyce and bent down placing a hand on her back

"I...I think the baby is... coming... ARRGGH" Joyce cried out in pain

"Oh my god" Monty ran to get the phone "I'll call an ambulance"

"Monty there is no... ARGH ... time you will have to drive"

"oh god Monty placed a hand on Joyce's back and with his free hand helped Her get up but half way up Joyce stopped "what is it" Monty began to panic

"My waters just broke" Monty looked at Joyce, which did not help Monty out very much and made him feel unwell light headed himself.

"Mrs Temple savage are you ok?" Mateo said as he met them out the front of the hospital

"Oh yeah haven't been better" Joyce spat sarcastically at Mateo.

After several hours of painful labour Joyce was ready to give birth.

"Hi Joyce, I'm Maria and I will be your midwife and you are more than ready to meet your baby, so one nice big push Joyce sweetheart" Mariasaid bending down to see that the she was crowning.

"Come on Joyce baby you can do it" Monty was holding her hand encouraging her every time she pushed.

"WellDone Joyce one last push and then the baby is here," Maria, said holding half of the baby until Joyce pushed once more.

"I can't do it; I can't " Joyce moaned with tears streaming down her sweaty and pale face.

"You can do it Joyce my angel," Monty said holding on to Joyce's hand

"I can't believe you did this to me Monty, if you do this to me ARGH ... ever again I will not have sex with you again" Monty gasped in panic " Joyce love you don't mean that it's just the pain talking" Monty said as Joyce screamed before she did one last big push and the room was filled with a baby's cry.

"Would you like to cut the umbilical cord daddy?" Monty nodded and walked over to Maria and cut the cord.

"You did it, you are amazing Joyce " Monty walked back over to Joyce and kissed Her on the lips and she kissed back weakly.

"There is your lovely healthy daughter weighing 6lb 2oz "Maria handed the baby over to Joyce who looked at her little girl a sleep and comfortable in her mother's arms.

"Madison" Joyce said looking at the little bundle in her arms

"Madison... " Monty Looked at his daughter " at least I finally got something right" Monty sighed " don't be stupid Monty The wedding and Honeymoon doesn't matter now all that matters is Madison" Joyce said looking down at her daughter "Madison It is perfect. Well done Joyce I'm so proud of you. I love you ".