Poker face

" I'm gonna go and get a drink, does anyone want one?" Maddie asked as she stood up and everyone shook their heads as they only just had just got a drink.
Maddie got up and walked over to the bar and glanced round to see that no one was there so she glanced round and walked round to the bar entrance and got behind the bar and made her own drink.
" Excuse me can I get another drink.....Maddie?" Joyce was shocked " What on earth are you doing behind the bar?" Maddie sighed " I am Making a sweater, what the hell do you think I'm doing. I'm making my own drink seeing as there was no one at the bar" Maddie shrugged.
" Get a way from the bar NOW !" Joyce yelled.
" Fine whatever I'm done anyway" Maddie shrugged and walked out from behind the bar and shoved past her mother.
"Maddie...." Joyce called out but Maddie ignored it.
Tiger stepped in front of Maddie " Hey, I'm Tiger we met the other day"Maddie stopped smiled and chuckled " I know" Maddie smiled.
" Oh right....well I just wanted to see if you are okay, you seemed upset about something" Tiger asked sweetly.
" Oh Thanks that very sweet but it's my parents you know what parents are like" Maddie chuckled.
"Oh tell me about it" Tiger laughed.
" Well I'm glad you're okay...." Tiger hesitated and Maddie went to leave until Tiger spoke again " Actually I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime before I head home again" Maddie smiled " you know what I'd love to" Tiger smiled.
"Can I maybe get your number to arrange something"  Maddie gave Tiger her number " I'll text you the details and well I'll see you around" Tiger winked.
Maddie smiled and walked back to the table with Kenneth " Hey fancy a little sing song?" Kenneth said to Maddie who placed her drink on the table.
" you know what yeah let's do it. Wait let me go and get Lolly" Maddie rushed over to her parents table to see Joyce and Monty were talking and Lolly sat alone and bored " Hey lolly come here a second" Maddie said practically pulling her sister out of her seat.
"What's going on why are you in a hurry all of a sudden?"Monty asked.
" karaoke that's what going on dad" Maddie smiled but her smile soon dropped when she looked at her mother.
" Come on" Maddie said yanking Lolly over to where she was sitting with Kenneth.
" Hey Lolly pops" Kenneth said cheerfully.
" Hey uncle Kenneth" she said brightly.
Lolly said hello to Jacqueline and Liam as she sat down next to Liam.
" what song shall we do?" Maddie asked.
" How about.....Lady Gaga Telephone or Poker face ?" Lolly suggested.
" OMG Yes we should totally do one of those" Maddie said cheerfully.
Maddie and Lolly went over to the karaoke section and told them what song they wanted.
Joyce glanced at her watch and nearly fell off her seat " Are you alright my love?" Monty asked his wife " I've gotta go" Joyce rushed off towards the stage.
Joyce confidently walked up on to the stage " Now its time for karaoke" Joyce announced cheerfully.
" first up we have Maddie and Lolly singing Lady Gaga Telephone" The audience clap and Maddie and Lolly step up on the stage. Lolly takes the microphone from her mother and smiled. Maddie walked past her mother and grabbed the other microphone.
The girls sang as Joyce stood in the wings watching with pride at both her girls as they sang beautifully. Maddie glanced at Tiger through the performance and Tiger whistled and cheered. Monty glanced at Tiger and raised an eyebrow. Once they finished Joyce walked up on stage " Well that was Maddie and Lolly" Joyce said cheerfully and the audience clapped and whistled.
Maddie went back to her table and took a huge sip of her drink "Oh that was fabulous girls" Kenneth said cheerfully " Thanks uncle Kenneth we get it from you" Maddie winked.
" very true" Kenneth smiled.
Lolly walked back over to her parents table and took a huge sip of lemonade.
" You and Maddie were fantastic" Monty said brightly.
"Thanks dad" Lolly smiled.
" Guys I've been thinking....is it okay if I go and sit with Lolly , my dad and her of course" Maddie gestured to her mother.
" Of course not love but , you know where we are if you need us" Kenneth said with a genuine smile.
" Thanks uncle Kenneth" Maddie smiled.
Maddie hugged Liam and Jacqueline and went back over to her parents table.
" Hey is anyone sitting here?" Maddie asked as she put her hand on top of the chair " Maddie your back"Lolly said brightly.
" good to have you back princess" Monty said cheerfully. Maddie sat down and watched as her mother introduced the last of the karaoke singers and walked back over to their table.
" ugh" Joyce groaned as she sat down and Monty placed his arm round her and she snuggled closer and rested her head on his shoulder.
Maddie looked at her parents and smiled wishing she'd find love like that. Maddie turned her head to the right and shared a quick glance at Tiger who smirked back.
" OMG I totally saw that" Lolly whispered " Saw What?" Maddie said trying to hide it.
" Don't try to pretend, I saw it" Maddie had enough and gave in " Well if you must know I am going out with him soon" Maddie smiled at the thought.
" When?" Lolly said brightly.
" I don't know he'll let me know" Lolly got all excited
" This is so exciting" Lolly squealed.
" What's going on?" Joyce asked as she looked at the girls.
" Maddie's going ou......" Maddie nudged her sister in the ribs " ouch" Lolly groaned rubbing her now sore ribs.
" Maddie's What?" Joyce questioned as she moved herself from Monty's warm embrace she sat up in her chair.
" Maddie's.....got something she wants to say" Lolly blurted out and Maddie gave Lolly a huge glare.
" I err.....wanted to say......I'm sorry for earlier" Maddie shrugged.
" Well thank you but, I'm sorry but quite frankly it's not good enough after the way you spoke to me earlier" Joyce said.
Monty shifted in his seat only to groan " ugh my backs gone" he announced.
No one said anything to Monty and Maddie just looked at the floor realising she was truly horrible to her mother earlier behind the bar and her mother hasn't quite forgiven her which upset Maddie and a single tear slipped down her cheek.
Lolly was the first to speak to her father who was groaning in pain " Are you alright dad?" Lolly asked innocently.
" Do I bloody look alright....ahh" he groaned.
" God I was only asking, sorry I did ask" Lolly sighed.
" I'll go and get Mateo , hell help get dad back home" Maddie said brightly.
Maddie got up and walked away from her parents and it was then that she let the tears fall.
Maddie reached the bar " Hey are you okay?" Mateo asked seeing Maddie's tear stained cheeks.
" What? Oh yeah I'm fine" Maddie wiped her eyes " Actually Mateo can you give us a hand. My dads backs gone again and we won't be able to get him home" Mateo nodded.
" Si , Of course" Maddie smiled " Thank you Mateo and I am sorry for earlier with the whole drink thing" Mateo shook his head " Do not how do you say......No Worry " Maddie smiled.
Mateo and Maddie walked over to Monty who was still in pain, Mateo gently helped Monty off his seat and let him lean on to him to support him and help him walk.
" Mateo, can you take Monty and the girls home and I'll stay behind and sort things out" Joyce said and Mateo nodded.
"No I'll stay with you mom. You shouldn't be left alone" Maddie said matter of factly.
Joyce gave a weak smile and a nod. Lolly walked over to her mother and hugged her " Night mom, love you" Lolly said
" Night sweetheart, I love you too" Joyce said back, maddie shifted uncomfortably as she watched her mother hug her sister.
Joyce kissed Monty and told him she'll be home soon , Maddie Hugged her sister and they soon left leaving Maddie and Joyce Alone with a few members of staff.
" you didn't have to stay with me" Joyce said to Maddie who shrugged " But I wanted to" Maddie walked over to the nearest table and began to clear away glasses empty glasses.
The whole time Joyce and Maddie were alone they didn't say one thing to each other and even on the way home in the taxi they sat in silence with Maddie glancing out the window and Joyce doing the same.
They arrived home and walked through the front door " Well I'm off to bed, night" Maddie said coldly and rushed off upstairs with not so much as a glance back at her mother.
Joyce quietly crept into the bedroom where Monty was already snoring away. Joyce changed into her night dress and climbed into bed next to Monty. Joyce just laid there looking up at the ceiling not realising that Monty's snoring has stopped " Joyce?" Monty whispered but she didn't answer so he whispered again " Joyce are you awake?" He asked as he snuggled up to her.
" Oh Monty" Joyce began to sob " Hey...Hey come on. What's wrong my love" Monty asked as he pulled close so her head was now resting on his chest.
" I was so horrible to Maddie and I saw the look on her face when I said what I said at the table and she looked ,like she had been crying" Monty sighed.
" I'm sure everything will be forgotten by tomorrow come on try and get some sleep" Monty kissed the top of Joyce's head.
" I don't think it will Monty, Maddie is just like me when I was her age and if that's anything to go by then I need to sort it out before tomorrow as I can't have her hating me like I did my mother and not talking to her for months on end" Joyce and made her decision.
She flung back the covers and untangled herself from Monty's embrace and got out of bed, grabbed her dressing gown and left the room and walked along the corridor towards Maddie's bedroom.
Seeing Maddie's bedroom lamp was on so, Joyce gently knocked on the door " Go away" Maddie called out.
Joyce sighed and tried again " I told you to go away" Maddie said firmly.
"Maddie sweetheart it's me" There was a moments silence so, Joyce took this opportunity and slowly opened the door to see Maddie curled up on her bed with her back to the door.
" Maddie sweetheart?" Joyce said softly.
" What do you want? If your here to tell me to go to bed, I am the minute okay" Maddie snapped.
Joyce closed the bedroom door and walked round the bed until she was now facing Maddie. Joyce sat on the edge of the bed.
" I'm here to say that I am so sorry Maddie, I didn't mean what I said in Neptune's" Maddie didn't say anything.
Joyce reached out and moved a few strands of Maddie's hair away from her tear stained cheeks and tucked it behind her ear.
"I really am sorry, I really meant it when I said it tonight" Maddie said softly.
"I'm know you are darling and I love you so much. Come here" Joyce held her arms out and Maddie threw herself at her mother who held her tight. Joyce kissed the top of Maddie's head " Thank you for helping me tonight and for staying with me" Maddie nodded against her mother as they continued to hug.
" I love you mom" Maddie said cheerfully.
" I love you too baby girl, now come on it's late and you should be in bed" they pulled out of their embrace.
" I want your light out in 5 minutes" Maddie chuckled " okay, night mom" Maddie said teaching over and switching the light off.
" Night sweetheart, I love you" Joyce said leaving Maddie's room.