☆ forty ☆

here it is, the last chapter. this is so bittersweet to me. i started this book thinking that nobody would ever read it and it would just be for me to somehow help myself through the grieving process I was experiencing w/ Gus. I started this book a year and a half ago, and so much crazy stuff has happened during that time. I'm just so glad I followed through on something and stuck with it until the end. Especially since it's something to do with Gus.

"Bother me, tell me awful things

"Bother me, tell me awful things. You know I love it when you do that, helps me get through this without you. Bother me, tell me awful things. You know I love it when you move that on me, love it when you do that on me."
___________

The song for this chapter is Beige by Yoke Lore.

EVELYN

"You did great, baby." Gus whispered seductively into my ear, sending shivers down my spine. He gently pressed his front against my back and raised his hand to caress the skin of my arms, leaving goosebumps in his wake. The feeling of his breath made the hair on the back of my neck raise and my heartbeat quicken.

"Thank you." It was a simple gesture, and thank you could never measure up to what he really means to me. I'm so glad he was able to be at my graduation and meet all of my family members. He's truly so special to me and I'm glad everyone I care about got to see that.

Standing in his bedroom, I thought back to all the times we stood in the exact same place. The fights, the arguments, the laughs, the tears, the music. All the creativity that flowed through these walls, the memories hidden in the floorboards.

I turned around to face him. I reached up to his face and caressed his freshly shaven skin. Attentively, I removed his beanie from his head and played with a few tufts of his bleach blonde hair as I beamed up at him happily.

"What did I do to deserve someone as beautiful as you?" He asked me, like I would know the answer.

"I don't know, what did I do to deserve such an angel in my life?" He scoffed in response.

"I'm no angel." I shrugged off his comment. He's my Goth Angel Sinner.

"You're an angel to me. You hold me when I'm weak, you wipe my tears and you watch over me everyday. Sometimes I feel like knowing you was all a dream, like I'm going to pinch myself and wake up in my bedroom to get ready to go to school or something."

"Well, I'm real baby and I'm not going anywhere." Peep assured me.

The next thing I knew, we're laying on his bed next to each other, kissing deeply and letting our hands roam all over each other.