♡ twenty-three ♡

"and if you ever need a friend then you got me

"and if you ever need a friend then you got me. and in the end, when i die, would you watch me? and if i tried suicide, would you stop me? would you help me get a grip or would you drop me? runaway, make friends with the moon. why you trippin'? you'll be with your friends soon. there comes a time when everybody meets the same fate. i think i'ma die alone inside my room."
____________

Floating. Being with Gustav feels like floating. I'm not sure on what. Maybe clouds, the sea, in outer space. That could be why I'm so drawn to him, because he brings me a sense of peace and serenity that I've never achieved on my own or with anyone else.

My mother was none too happy about my stunt with Gustav in the viewing room but after we had gotten to a private place by where my parents car was parked, she pulled her pack of cigarettes out of her bra and lighter out of the left cup—setting the tobacco aflame.

Gustav gave me a side-eye look and I giggled a little bit. My mother took a long drag off of her thin cigarette, exhaled and then crossed her arms.

"So either of you want to explain what's going on here?"

"I'm sorry Mrs. Woods—"

"Mom, it's really not—" I laughed awkwardly as Gus and I both started speaking at the same time.

"Actually, you, I want to know who you are." She pointed at Gus. I felt so bad that she was putting him in such an uncomfortable position and part of me wishes that in another universe I could have just came to him instead of him showing up here.

"Uh, well—"

"No need to be nervous, honey. I'm not gonna cut your head off. I just want to know what's up. Evelyn hasn't had any friends besides her cousin in the past seventeen years and to see her run and jump into your arms like you were the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was a little shocking to me." Way to go mom, just call me out like that.

"Heh, well, my name is Gustav Åhr, or Lil Peep of you've ever heard of me. Evelyn and I have been.. friends, for a couple of weeks now.. I kind of fucked up and made a mistake by letting her leave my house the other day while things were still slightly unresolved." What?

"Wait, no. Gus, don't take the blame for that," I turned towards him, grasping his left hand in mine. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"Hey, stay on track people," My mother cut off my deep eye contact with Gus. "And it's nice to meet you, Gustav." She stuck her right hand out to shake his in a professional sort of way, no emotion showing on her face—as usual. Probably to keep the wrinkles away.

Wishing I could have warned him about my stone cold mother before hand, I felt slightly guilty that he would even begin trying to take any blame for what happened between us. I've ignored him for weeks, and I'm genuinely curious to know if he seriously thinks it's his fault or if he's putting a show on for my mother.