~ First Petal Of Spring ~

On the first day of April, when i was 12, i ran, and i met her ...

Your POV:

"Haiiii, I'll be moving to Australia tomorrow." you sighed to yourself. Your mom and dad was murdered two weeks ago, and you're going to move to Australia tomorrow to live with your aunt. You were sad about leaving your home, your parents, but you knew that it was for the best. 

You were walking in the park, the winter snow was melting as spring was arriving. The air was fresh, and the breeze was chilly and gentle. You walked around the corner not expecting to see a little boy crying. 

He had blond hair, and he was curled up like a ball. You didn't like it. You hated seeing others crying, so you went and tried to talk to him. 

Tsukishima's POV:

I didn't know what time was it, but i didn't care. How could he lie to me? If he told me, i would have understand, but he didn't. My thoughts were suddenly stopped when i heard a voice.

"Uhh Hey ! What's wrong?" 

I looked up just to see a young girl looking at me, worry in her eyes. 

"Nothing." was all i said. 

"Look, i know i'm a stranger but i don't like seeing people cry, it makes me sad. So why not you tell me whats wrong, and i'll see what i can do?" She smiled at me.

She has a nice smile.

"No, now leave me, i'm fine." I said coldly.

"Hmm if your definition of 'fine' is crying in the middle of a public park, you got the definition wrong then."

"I don't need your help, so go away."

"Nope, i'll stay here until you tell me what's wrong and let me help you."

Uhgg she's so persistent. Why can't she leave me, she wouldn't understand.

Hours passed and none of you said anything until...

Your POV:

"My brother lied to me." He finally spoke. 

I looked at him with a puzzled look.

He continued: " My brother loves volleyball, and he's always in the club. The high school he went to was famous for their volleyball club. They were strong. I asked my brother if he was in the team and he told me he was the ace. I told him i wanted to see him play, but he told me not to go because he'll be nervous if i was there, so i didn't. But he was doing his last year in high school and it was going to be his last game, so i went secretly." He started to cry, so i did the one thing that anyone would when someone is crying. I hugged him. He was a little cold, and his tears kept flowing. I took out my handkerchief and wipe his tears away. He mumbled a small 'Thank you'. 

Then he continued: "When i arrived at the game, i tried to spot my brother, and i couldn't find him. He wasn't in the match, neither at the sides. Then when i spotted him, he was opposite me, in the audience, cheering for his team. He looked at me with eyes wide open, and so was mine. When we got home, he told me the truth. That he wasn't part of the team, but one of the supporters. The match today, they won, but my brother didn't play. He lied to me." He started to sob more. I held him tighter. 

We stayed in that position for a few minutes before he calmed down. 

"What should i do?" His question shocked me. 

"Umm.."

 "It's okay, you wouldn't unde-" I cut him off.

 "No, I do understand. You're sad because your brother lied to you, and there is nothing wrong with that, but he's probably just as sad as you. He lost the sport he loved and now he's going to lose you. I think he's angry at himself for not telling you the truth too. But right now, he needs you." 

He looked at me, and thought about what i said before saying: " You're right."

"Hehe.. It's okay to be upset about it, but try to forgive him!" I shot him a smile.

"Thank you! I'm Kei, Tsukishima Kei." He gave me a soft smile.

"Seijuro, Aisaka Seijuro."  I smiled back.

Tsukishima's POV:

I don't know why, but her smile just warms my heart.  

"Ne ne~ Tsukishima-kun, want some ice-cream?"

Her bright smile made my face heat up.

"Vanilla." Are the only words that came out of my mouth,

She stood up and started running towards the ice-cream truck opposite the park. 

She looked so happy, so free, so beautiful. 

Why did i tell her? Was it because she's a stranger? That she won't tell anyone? Maybe because she was so persistent? No, that's not it. Ah, I see, it was because i felt like i could trust her. 

She then came running back with ice cream in both of her hands. She passed one to me. 

"Here's yours Tsukishima-kun!"

"Thank you Aisaka-san."

And we both sat there, and ate our ice cream in silence. It was a comfortable silence, like we understood there was no need for a conversation. I looked to the side and observed her. She really is beautiful, mid-length hair, that was as black as a raven. Her ocean blue eyes that sparkled while she's eating ice-cream. It was like a scene from a movie. 

After a while, it turned dark, and we said our goodbyes. 

"Ne ne~ Tsukishima-kun, i have to go now. I hope to see you soon!"

"Whatever.." I said

She smiled and waved her last goodbye before walking away from me. 

"I hope to see you soon too." I whisper under my breath before walking back home. 

A petal felled from the blossom tree above. The first petal of Spring.