xvii. THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL

CHAPTER SEVENTEENTHE WINNER TAKES IT ALL

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL

✦✧✦✧✦

Stiles made his way back to Jackson and Violet once his father had to take a phone call. He looked at the two and decided best not to talk to them, but Jackson followed Stiles anyway.

"Where are you going?" Jackson asked.

"To find Scott." Stiles answered, not bothering to turn back and continuing to walk through the hallway of the hospital.

"You don't have car." Jackson relented.

"I'm aware of that. Thank you." he replied.

"Here, I'll drive, come on—" Jackson tried, putting his hand on Stiles' shoulder, which the boy quickly ripped away and turned to face Jackson and Violet.

"Look, just because you feel guilty all of a sudden doesn't make it okay, all right? Half of this is still your fault."

"Look, I have a car. You don't. Do you want my help or not?"

Stiles sighed, looking over at Violet, who wouldn't even dare to make eye contact, "all right, did you bring the porsche?"

"Yeah." Jackson replied, pulling out the keys.

"Good, I'll drive." Stiles said, taking the keys from Jackson's hands and leading the way, only to be stopped in a half step when faced by none other than Chris Argent, featuring his entourage.

"Boys." he said, Violet cleared her throat, "I'm sorry, I don't believe we've met."

"I'm Violet McCall. Scott's sister." she said, extending a hand, to which Chris shook.

"Boys. And Violet." he restarted, "I was wondering if you could tell me where Scott McCall is."

✦✧✦

"You just had to say you were his sister, didn't you?" Stiles asked as the three were forcefully escorted into another room.

"I'm about ready to punch you in the face, Stiles. Your little love confession totally threw me off!" Violet whisper yelled.

"This has nothing to do with my 'love confession'!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Love confession?" Jackson asked, clearly only now deciding to listen in.

The doors of the room slammed shut as Jackson and Stiles were thrown inside, whereas Violet was kept under a tight hold. It would definitely bruise later. Chris locked the door, "let's try this again. Where is Scott McCall?" When no one answered, the man took larger measures. He grabbed Stiles by his shirt collar and lifted him almost to the top of the door, "Let me ask you a question. Have you ever seen a rabid dog?"