viii. HEART MONITOR

CHAPTER EIGHTHEART MONITOR

CHAPTER EIGHT
HEART MONITOR

✦✧✦✧✦

The day went as quickly as it had come. It was now time for the parent/teacher conferences at Beacon Hills High School and Scott and Allison still hadn't answered their phones since the morning light.

Both Stiles and Violet had figured that the two were probably together and cutting class—school—for the day.

After dismissing the thought of Scott from their mind for a little while, Team Viles decided to check through some police records from the Hale fire to look over some things. It was only when her phone rang that Violet was reminded of her brother, who was MIA.

Although it wasn't her brother calling, she was shocked to see her mother's caller ID showing up on her phone.

"Hey, Mom." Violet answered semi-nervously.

"Where are you?" Mama McCall asked, getting straight to the point. She was angry about something.

"At the Stilinski's. This isn't about parent conferences right, because—"

"This isn't about you. Where's your brother? He's supposed to be here because all of the family smarts went to you and he's almost failing most of his classes."

"Are you there right now? Stiles and I have been trying to get to him all day, but he won't answer the phone." Violet said just as frustratedly as her mother was.

"Yes I'm here. I've been trying his cell but he won't pick up."

"I haven't been home all day so I wouldn't know if he was there."

"Alright, I gotta go. Someone by the name of Mr. Harris is here."

"Good luck." Violet ended before hanging up. She huffed in frustration before tossing her phone back into her bag. "Scotty's gonna be left outside in the dog house tonight." She said, turning back to the papers that her best friend seemed to be deeply analyzing.

✦✧✦

Violet had been in her bedroom texting Stiles and studying later that night when she heard the front door open—and violently at that.

"I can't believe you! Skipping school, turning your phone off?! Vi and I were worried sick. She and Stiles spent the whole day looking for you, calling you, texting you! Lemme see your phone. 31 calls from Violet, 42 calls and voicemails from Stiles! You really decided to just go off the grid didn't you?" Melissa's muffled voice sounded from downstairs. "I can't believe you. Go to your room, we'll talk more tomorrow."

Scott's leaden footsteps trudged up the stairs, and there was a knock on Violet's door before it opened, "Hey, I'm not dead."

"Good to know." Replied Violet in a monotone voice as she flipped the page in her binder without even taking a glance at her brother. "I'll tell Stiles you actually decided to come home."