vii. WHERE'S WALDO?

CHAPTER SEVEN"WHERE'S WALDO?"

CHAPTER SEVEN
"WHERE'S WALDO?"

✦✧✦ ✧✦ 

Violet pulled her shoes on as she heard the honking horn of the jeep outside. Scott wasn't home, and neither was their mother, so since the 15 year old didn't want to be alone that night, she decided to spend it with her best friend.

The honking ceased when Violet walked out of her house to lock the door and hopped into the jeep. When they began going towards Stiles' house, his phone rang. Going to reach for it in his pocket, Violet slapped his hand away and grabbed his phone for him.

"It's your dad." She announced.

"Gimme—" Stiles started, but was cut off when Violet answered the phone for him.

"Hey, Mr. Stilinski, Stiles can't come to the phone right now, he's driving." Violet answered, putting emphasis on the word driving and throwing a look Stiles' way.

"Hey, Vi. Look, tell Stiles that it if he wants to grab dinner with me then to come now, you can come if you want to as well." The sheriff said.

"Thank you very much, I will gladly pass on the message." Violet said, hanging up soon after, "your dad wants to get dinner with us."

"Now?" Stiles asked disbelievingly.

"Yeah." Violet replied. "I'm actually kind of hungry, though."

Upon arrival at the Stilinski household, Stiles parked the jeep in the driveway and the sheriff's car was already on the curb waiting for the pair.

The two hopped in; Stiles in front, Violet in the back, and head out for the nearest restaurant in town.

✦✧✦

Traffic bustled past the hungry trio while they ate their dinner, "Hey, did they forget my curly fries?" The sheriff asked as Violet took a bite of her tuna wrap.

"You're not supposed to eat fries—especially the curly ones." Violet said through a mouthful of food.

"Well, I'm carrying a lethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries." Papa Stilinski said matter-of-factly. 

"If you think getting rid of contractions in all your sentences makes your argument any more legitimate, you, are, wrong." Stiles butted in. "If anyone knows their stuff, it's Vi. She's gonna be a doctor one day."

"Nurse." Violet corrected with a small smile spreading across her face.

Stiles made a hand motion as if correcting himself and took a sip of his soda as the radio transmitter inside the cop car buzzed.

"Unit one, do you copy?" The officer on the other side of the intercom asked.

Stiles immediately reached for the walkie-talkie only to have his hand wacked away by his father who threw him a look.