xvi. SLOWLY TURNING

CHAPTER SIXTEENSLOWLY TURNING

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
SLOWLY TURNING

✦✧✦✧✦

Violet's eyes focused into place and she noticed something was on top of her—someone. It was Stiles. Violet, still breathless from just being knocked off her feet and falling quickly to the ground, managed to breath out, "Stiles, why did you do that?"

Stiles, also breathless from sprinting fast as he could from the gymnasium to the field, said, "I couldn't let Peter get to you. Not you, too."

"What about Lydia?" She questioned, confused, "don't you have this insane crush on her? Why wouldn't you save her first?"

"No." Stiles said with confidence, and Violet's face twisted into more confusion, "I love you." He said, a weight lifting off of his chest, "It was always you."

"What?" Violet asked, thinking over everything that had happened with she and Stiles from when they had met to that exact moment.

"I made up having a crush on Lydia. I made it up because I knew that I could never tell you and I could never tell Scott because of what it would do to our friendship."

"How long?" She finally asked. "How long have you known?"

"Since fifth grade. Please tell me you feel even slightly the same."

"I can't. I can't because I don't. And I can't lie to you."

Stiles' face dropped, his heart shattered, and everything went numb. The love of his life didn't love him back. And he honestly didn't know how to feel. He stood up, finally getting off of Violet. She stood up soon after, her white dress covered with dirt.

"Now look what you did." A familiar voice said behind the two. "Violet's dress is all dirty now."

"Don't worry about my dress. You almost killed her!" Violet screamed at Peter, referring to Lydia.

"I could." Peter said tentatively.

"No, don't!" Violet exclaimed. "Don't hurt her! You've already done enough damage."

"I think the only person doing any damage here is you. Look at poor Stiles," he cooed, "you broke his heart."

Stiles looked up, quickly wiping a tear from his cheek. "I'm fine." He said sternly.

"I won't hurt her...." Peter said, "unless you help me find Derek."

Violet scoffed, "I have no idea where your little bitch boy is."