Chapter 36: The Tale Of All Heroes

~Amber's POV

There wasn't anyone here, when I woke up...

I was alone, in a different world. Hero wasn't here. None of my friends were present. It was just an empty world filled with nothingness. It almost made me wonder...if it was my own soul, at this point.

Using the light of my torch, I guided myself through the darkness. I quickly glanced around, stopping occasionally to see if I can get a glimpse of my friends within the distance. Nothing.

Just a dark world, filled with a pitch black sky, a gray landscape, and tall mountains.

Upon wandering around a bit more, I noticed that I myself was on a mountain anyway. I quickly headed forward, towards the sheer cliff that was ahead. What I saw on the other side frightened me immensely.

On an open portion of the land was an extremely large tower. It blended in with the surrounding mountains and sky, creating an illusion. Above it was an abnormally glowing vortex, that wasn't sucking anything in, thankfully. I wondered if that was the key to getting out of this place...

I wondered if the others had made it here yet...

***

~Multi's POV

"I don't like this. At all." I told Star, whom I had ended up with once I woke up.

Me and her had just entered this really bizarre tower. It was all in the middle of a bunch of mountains. The tower was all messed up with a vortex on the top. Unsurprisingly, I thought it must be the exit out of this weird world.

"Who doesn't?" She replied, glancing at me. I did the same, and nodded. "I just hope the others made it here. Wouldn't like to think where they could be, right now..."

Star cringed a bit. "Please don't say that..." I realized what I had said, and became silent. "...Sorry." There was a bit of an awkward silence after that, before Star spoke up. "It's fine."

I lightly sighed in relief. At least I didn't make her upset. "...So, um," She glanced at me, a slight smile forming on her face. "You're genetic, aren't you?" I blinked. "Yes. Every part of me is synthetic. Engineered from various genes."

She nodded. "That's amazing. I wasn't born genetic, but I have been...experimented on enough to be  close to it." I stared, before slowly nodding. "Do...you know what Team Flare has to gain from it?" I asked. Her response was to look down.

"...Well...I guess they just want to use me as a form of power. Scarlet's been eager to retrieve me ever since I escaped. Although I kil-" She paused. "...Defeated her, it seems like the leader of Team Flare is coming for me. Leviathan. The Gyarados." Her eyes saddened, and I couldn't just let her feel sad.

"That doesn't give them any justice at all." I said, frowning. "Power or not, either way, they don't have any right to take away your freedom, and manipulate you like that. I don't care if you were experimented on. You were born Star, and you'll always be Star." I spoke proudly. I saw her eyes light up, and she glanced at me.

"...Thanks, Multi." She replied. Her face curved up to a small smile.

It faded, however, when I felt the floor shake. My own eyes widening with surprise, I managed to leap at Star and tackle her away. Just as the wall broke, and a large, blue snake-like creature flew out of it. A Gyarados.

Star's eyes went wild with fear. Speak of the devil.

Leviathan.

***

~Arrowhead's POV

Utter madness.

I can only describe it like that. We were surrounded by Houndours from every corner to the next in this...really weird tower, that we found. From around the corner, we were trapped. To be more specific on 'we', Miracle, Lotus, and I.