Chapter 28: Escape From The Illusionists

(Before we start, I have a few announcements for some of my friends.)

(Codename-Decidueye and Thespectacle I've realized I haven't been paying much, if not, any attention to your characters, and I do apologize, so I'll dedicate this chapter to them. So don't worry. :3)

(toxicfoxy101 I'll remember to put Alice sometime in a future chapter, possibly chapter 31, so don't worry about that. :3)

(Star_From_Hero The next chapter will most certainly be about what you requested, so don't worry. :3)

(With that said, let's begin. Enjoy! :D)

***
~Flashback

~Lotus's POV

"Lotus...what did you...What is this vile creature?!" My mother pointed at Miracle in disgust, then looked angrily at me. I was extremely nervous and frightened, but swallowed the fear in and managed to speak.

"W-well, mother, she's a...Mudbray, and-"

"YOU!!!"

The both of us jumped at the sudden yell. I looked back and saw my father approaching us. His face was contorted. He was furious. And when my father is furious, nothing can stop him from speaking his mind.

"Lotus!" He yelled. "How dare you bring this-this thing into our home?! This land is sacred! It is no place for a thing like that! Have you forgotten that we, the grand Zoroark Tribe, swear a grudge against them?!"

I widened my eyes, and I suddenly steamed. How dare he talk about her like that! She's not thing, nor a vile creature! She's a friend! "You're wrong!" I retorted. "She's my friend! And I-"

"QUIET!!!"

He silenced me with an even more vicious tone. I looked at Miracle. Despite her obliviousness, even she was scared. "You're a fool! A betrayer! A fool to us all! You've failed us, and there's no place for you here!"

My father turned his back to us, and faced his army. "From this day forward, they are our enemy! And now, it's time to honor our legacy, the legacy that started this war!" He let out a giant roar that erupted throughout the village.

The Zoroark surrounding us howled. Then, they started to advance towards us, claws and teeth raised. Miracle and I were cornered, bracing for the end. "Well, Lotus, I guess your "we can all be friends" thing didn't work!" Miracle exclaimed.

"Yeah....I know!" I replied. Suddenly, I unleashed a Snarl. It didn't do much, but at least it stunned enough of the Zoroark in front of us to create an opening. "Come on!" I yelled. We began running through.

"Do not let them escape! Kill them!" The Zoroark howled again and ran after us. We definitely won't be able to outrun them: They're way too fast. But, we had to try. I bolted past the village, and Miracle was close behind.

As we ran past, I spotted a hole in the huge stone slab blocking the entrance. To get in and out of the village, one would normally have to climb over the huge object. But the space in the stone was just big enough for me and Miracle to squeeze through.

Once we do, we can buy time in the forest up ahead and lose them in the trees. It's worth a shot. "Over here!" I ordered and Miracle followed. We shifted through the hole, with Miracle just barely avoiding her tail being cut off by a claw.

Behind us, we heard angered howls and shouts as the Zoroark were climbing the slab. By the time they got over it, we were already in the trees in the forest. And we kept running, right through the entire land of trees...