Chapter 3: The Battle

~Flashback

"Son?" The Arcanine looked down at him, who returned his gaze.

"Yeah dad?"

"I love you, you know that right?

"Yeah sure, but...why are you saying this now."

The Arcanine was silent. He glanced away, his eyes watering.

"I-I'm sorry son." Suddenly he shouted. "Hold him down!"

The Growlithe looked suprised. "Dad, what are you-" Members of their pack appeared. They held down the Growlithe, who was flailing helplessly.

"Dad! What do you think you're doing?!"

The Arcanine took out something from his fur. His face was full of resignation and sorrow. "This is for your own sake!" 

The Growlithe was horrified. "Dad please! Don't do this, please!" He said, he's face full of fear and tears. The pack struggled to hold him.

"I can't let what happened to Blitz happen to you! I'm so sorry, son! I love you! Goodbye!" The Arcanine began to inject the object into the Growlithe, who screamed in pain.

"Dad! Please stop! It hurts! Dad! Da-"

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

~Flashback end

***

~Sunburn's POV

"Dad!"

I woke up from the nightmare and found myself in my bed. I was alone in my room.

I breathed, heavily at first, but slowly calmed down. 'Just a dream, Sunburn. Just a dream...'

I looked at the time. Darn it! Class is about to start!

I quickly got ready and packed up my stuff. I opened the door and saw my five new friends waiting for me.

"Sunburn!" Hero cried. "Hurry up! You'll be late!"

"I know, I know." I replied.

We all raced down to class. I completely forgot about that terrifying nightmare during first period. It's something nobody else knows. Nobody else...

Except me.

***

~Mia's POV

When the day was over, we all went outside to hang out for a bit. I was still tired of being lectured by Siren and Amber yesterday, but I still couldn't stop thinking about it. It was amazing!

"So that's why I write so many stories." I said, finishing my story about how much of an amazing author I am. We all chuckled. 

Then, Amber had to ask it. "Why do you have a Soothe Bell?"

I sighed. This was it.

"Well, let me tell you."

~Flashback (Blood)

I screamed as blood kept spurting out of my leg. It felt like it was on fire.

A truck had driven over it. The stupid driver didn't even stop, and bailed out. A hit-and-run scene.

I tried calling for help, but I could only scream. The words weren't processing in my brain. The pain was intense.

I struggled to pull myself towards the road. The blood was everywhere. It littered the area I was in.

Suddenly, a figure swooped by. I watched as it started to come at my direction.

The last thing I saw before passing out, was it lifting me up.