Chapter 25 : Ride For Me (Part 3) & Funerals

Aaliyah James(Dress in MM)

I stared in the mirror and flattened my dress down some. Today was the day, no more tears, no more crying, i've cried enough. I don't know why this funeral was at night but whateva.

I heard faint knocking on the door, "Come in" i semi yelled. It was momma and she looked beautiful as ever "Aw momma, you look pretty" i smiled admiring her dress and giving her a hug. "You do too baby, how long you've had this dress?" she asked and i shrugged.

"Aw yeah i rememba, King brought it for me, told me that i need to get 'darker colors' in my life" i chuckled at when he 'surprised' me with it. "Mhm" was all she said in respone.

She cleared her throat "Your uncle is downstairs, he taking us to the funeral" i nodded as she closed the door. I hope today went well.

I grabbed my eulogy, purse, and left out and down to my uncle truck. i got in the backseat and stared off into space, my uncle tapped my thigh breaking me from my trance. "Hey Aaliyah, i ain't seen you since last summa, i hate too meet up like this" he said and i nodded.

"Well, that's the way life goes Unc, we loose people, ain't no stopping it" The words rolled off so nonchalanlty like i talked about King like i was going to a  random family member funeral.

A/N : Y'all get what i'm tryna say though?^^ i'm asking this cause it sounded weird in my head while i was typing

"I know how close y'all was, can't ima-"

"I'm fine Uncle Harlod, forreal, can we just go" He ain't question another word after that and just drove to the church.

~~~~~~~~~~

When we made it to the funeral, it was mixed with friends and family i did know versus people i think was gone come up to me like "Remember i use to watch you whan you was little?".

"Come on lele" momma said and i sighed following her and Uncle into the church. While we walked in i  wasn't paying attention, and accidentially bumped into someone. "Oh my ba-" i looked up at him, i haven't seen him in forever.

"Jay?" i asked surprised and he smiled "Wassam lele, ain't see you in ion know how long"

"I swea" i wish this was under better circumstances, like at a gas station or something. He gave me a long hug and let go. I looked around for my momma and uncle. I spotted them towards the front and slid through the pew and ended up sitting next to momma.

I felt somebody tap on my thigh and it was Jay. Jayson or Jay is what everybody call him, he is King homie or more like brother. He used to come over my house with King but then stopped for some reason.

"You speaking today?" He asked and I nodded "I already know you finna do good" he smiled and winked.

I didn't think anything of it so I just smiled back in return.

Pastor talked for bout 30 minutes before saying : "Church, family and friends, let's invite the person that knew him the most, Aaliyah"

I swallowed the little lump forming in my throat. I scooted past people and walked up to the front of the room. I stood at the podium and looked at everybody in the crowd.