Chapter 13 : Moving Day

Kingston James | King 👑

"King?!" She yelled "Kingston?!! You home I need to tal—" she paused once she saw the boxes in my hand.

"Kingston? What chu got a box in yo hand for?" I felt like she knew the answer she just needed to hear me say it "I'm moving lele" she bursted out laughing like I was joking.

"You wild king I swea" she caught her breath from laughing "but for real though what chu doing?"

"I just told you"

"You fucking wimme right" she asked hoping I say yeah but shook my head no and gently say the box down on my bed. "Come mere Aaliyah" I could see the tears building in her eyes, damn this had to be the hardest thing I had to do.

"H- How long you been planning" she managed to choke out before she couldn't help the tears from falling.

"Couple weeks na"

"Couple weeks?" She asked in disbelief and I nodded my head "Whea you going?" She cried as her head resting on my shoulder and my arm wrapped around her.

"ATL" I chuckled to brighten the mood but she ain't find it funny, I could here her sniffling. "What's down thea?"

"Opportunity"

"Bullshit!" She yelled standing in front of me With her fist balled up. "It's opportunity hea in BR!" She yelled outta anger and I ain't blame her.

"You'n believe that cho self do you?"

"No" her voice cracked and then she fully broke down, I got out the bed and sat next to her on the floor and comforted her as she cried.

"Shhhhh Liyah, it's gone be okay"

"No it's not cause you leaving me" she managed to get out before crying again, I took my arm from around her and looked her in her eyes

I wiped the dried up tears and some new ones "You know imma miss you right?" She nodded her head listening "Lele, you gone always be my cousin— fuck that" I paused "You gone always be my sister for as long as I walk dis earth and even when I'm gone" she continued to listen as tears streamed down her face.

I hated seeing her like that.

"You swea?" She asked holding out her pinky before sniffing, I chuckled and locked my pinky with her "I promise you" she nodded knowing I was telling the truth.

"You gone come see me right?"

"Of course, I hope you come back to see me though" she said and I nodded my head agreeing "Hell Yeah, I can't do my lele like that"

She finally stopped crying and just laid in my lap while I played in her hair.

"Let's watch our favorite movie"

"What?" She asked and I shrugged. "I don't know we watched allota movies growing up" I felt her nodding from under me.

"Imma miss you so much K"

"Imma miss you too lele"

"Let's watch Friday, we need some laughs" I turned on the Tv and put it on.

After bout 40 minuets into the movie I heard her snoring, I smiled, not on no creepy shit but I just ain't never see her sleep so peaceful.

After awhile I fell asleep too but I'm glad I set a alarm so I won't miss my flight. I realized that lele was still in my lap, I moved her body into the bed and quietly got ready.

When I came from the shower and put on my clothes and allat lele was woke just looking at the ground.

"Lele" I called her name and she ain't acknowledge me "Aaliyah" I called her name again and she was still day dreaming.

"Mariah" I called her middle name and she looked up "huh?" She asked like she just wasn't sitting o the bed staring at the ground like a zombie.

"You good"

"Y- yeah I'm good" She said gathering her thoughts. She got up and hugged me "what's wrong"

"I'm not ready for you to go" she mumbled and I sighed "I can't live with y'all forever"

"Yes you can" She said like a little kid "what you expect me to live here till I'm 3o?"

"Yeah, it's only right" she said making both of us laugh, then I got serious "I wanna be independent and that mean making my own decisions and allat, you get me?" She nodded understanding.

She released from my grip and started getting my suitcase and other bags "What chu doing?"

"You ain't gone walk to airport is you?" I shook my head no and got the rest of the stuff and dragged it downstairs with her.

"Do my mama know?" She asked and I sighed "she was the first to know" a look of disappointment washed over her face for a minute but she got it back together "it's coo, I see why you told her first"

"Mam—" She was about to yell but she spotted her on the couch waiting on us to come down. "My baby boy growing up on me" she walked over to me and kissed my cheek and hugged me tight. "I been growing up on you" I said and she chuckled.

"I know, Imma miss you King"

"Imma miss you too Auntie" she nodded and I saw tears brimming her eyes "stop it tete" I said hugging her again "I'm okay" she said releasing from the hug.

"Lele you driving him?"

"Yeah mama I got"

"Okay, have a safe plane ride and drive there" she paused and sighed "just be safe in general Kingston"

"Always tete" she nodded finally letting us leave. Lele helped me put the bags in the trunk and then she got in the driver seat while I got In the driver.

"I love you baby boy!" Auntie yelled from the porch and me and lele laughed. "Love you too!" I yelled back.

"You ready?" She asked like we was going on a secret mission.

"Hell yeah"  we laughed and made jokes on our long drive to the airport.

__________

Thoughts?

Y'all gone miss king? 😭

Was lele being over dramatic?

Until next update ✨💕

P. S : new character coming soon 🤗