Chapter 22 : Trials & Tribulations

⚠️WARNING⚠️ : You gone cry proably this whole chapter, it's sad as fuck 😪😫

Aaliyah James

We bargerd through the hospital doors, i couldn't think straight, i just wanted to find the lady i talked with on the phone. We sat down in the waiting room and my mind was racing.

What if he dies?, i can't handle if he died, he my everything, and if i lose him god might as well take me too. My leg shook up and down with worry, a black woman doctor came up to us with a clipboard in her hands.

"Aaliyah?" she asked looking towards me and i nodded, she extended her hand out to shake mine i stood up and shook her hand "I'm Doctor Bennet, the woman you talked with on the phone" i nodded.

"Kingston's accident was caused by a large truck speeding down the road, the truck hit the left side of the car, to be more specifc the drivers side" i swallowed the lump that started in my throat and let her continue talking "he is currently suffering from broken bones and other injuries" i couldn't stop the tears from falling, i quickly wiped them away, i had to be strong for him.

Kentrell grabbed my hand making me calm down a little. "He was brought in the hospital on August 14th, yesterday" i looked at her confused "Excuse my language but, why the fuck nobody called me yesterday i could've been here" i said now angry cause i felt like i coulda been here.

"The police went to sweep the scene another time today just to see if they missed anything, which they did which was a cracked cellphone that surprisingly, still worked" she said making me understand "you were the last person he tried to call before the accident"

"So he wasn't ignoring me" i thought outloud to myself.

"He's currently in critical condition meaning there is a possibility he can di-"

"Please, stop talking" i interrupted her cause i didn't wanna hear anything else she had to say, she nodded and left us alone. "Lele, i'm"

"Morgan stop talking to me"

"Wait, what i do?"

"Don't you know that this shit is yo fault?" i asked her "Lele mane calm do-" i stood up and looked at Kentrell "Matter of a fact, it's both y'all faults" they both looked confused, i can't belive they don't know what they did.

"Both of y'all told me 'lele don't worry, he gone be fine' or 'nothing happenend' right? well now we sittng in a hospital waiting room, not knowing if he gone live or die" i was so fucking angry and sad but mostly angry.

"Aaliyah that ain't our fa-" Kentrell tried to defend but i wasn't tryna hear none of that bullshit "Y'all can go, i'll call my momma she'll be better support right now" instead of arguing they just got up and left, good, cause i couldn't stand to look at them right now.

I sat back down in the chair and just started off into space, i took the crown off my head and played with it, calmly. Then tears started to cloud my vision once again and i just let them fall.

I sniffled as my breathing became uneasy, I decided to call momma and tell her the news. ABout 20 minutes later she came into the hostpital, i could tell she was crying. She sat next to me in the chair and held my hand, i couldn't look her in her eyes so i just kept my head down.