Let's Make a Deal

"You have quite the talented people in your show, Mr. Jones, was it?" The blonde richman approached Alfred, having a slight British accent. Alfred turned and smiled,

     "Yes, that's my name, and thank you. Their the most talented people I know in this whole world."

     The Brit raised a brow, "Correct me if I'm wrong but you did say the whole world?"

     "Indeed. I spent most of my life traveling the world to find these talented people. From Germany to Japan and so many other countries as well. Thank you for noticing, Mr..."

     "Mr. Arthur Kirkland." The man corrected.

     Alfred took off his hat and bowed, "Nice to meet you Mr. Kirkland."

     "Nice to meet you too, Mr. Jones."

     "So," He stood straight again, "Why brings you to my wonderful circus anyways?"

     It took a moment for Arthur to reply, "Well, Your 'circus' has been in town for at least a month now and I guess I got curious about it. Now I see why some adults come here, even when they don't have children."

    "I can't blame them. I still have more performers who didn't get to go on stage tonight but probably tomorrow."
    "More?" Arthur seemed surprised, "Now I wonder what they can do."

    Alfred chuckled, "If you come tomorrow night then maybe you could see."

    Arthur looked at him in his red coat and red velvet top hat. He looked like someone from a child's story books which their parents read to them at night.

    "What?" Alfred noticed him scanning him, "Is there something on my coat?" He pulled on it, looking for something that wasn't there.
    "My apologies, Mr. Jones." Arthur said, snapping out of it, "Thank you for your time." He turned and started walking to the exit, putting on his black long coat before Alfred stopped him,

    "Wait!"

    Arthur turned, surprising the American. "I uh...So... will you one to the next show?"

   Arthur faced him questionably, "It sounds more like you want something from me."

   Alfred stood silent. "I know we just met and all, but...I was going to ask you for a favor..."

    "A favor?"

    "Yes. You see, business hasn't been really working out for me lately which means I can't get the money I actually need. The money I need to feed my performers...my family." He corrected.

     "And?"

     "And the banks refuse to give me any money because...well, because running my circus isn't actually a business they told me." Alfred let the like slip through his lips, "I was just wondering if I could have some money for everyone who works at my circus. FOr them to buy the food they need, personal hygienes, and things like that. That's all I'm asking, Mr. Kirkland."

     Arthur only stared at him, thinking, before sighing, "Since U haven't been this amazed in almost my whole life by just a show, I'll pay you one hundred dollars."

     "Really?!" His eyes sparkled.

     "But," Arthur inturupted him, "You must pay me back in return."

     "What?! I don't have that kind of money! All I have is at least thirty!"

     "I never said in money. I know you barely have any so in return of me paying you one hundred dollars, you must pay me back with your body."

     Alfred's face turned a deep shade of red, "W-with WHAT?!!"

     "Hm?" Arthur noticed his face, "Oh. I must have put it in a inappropriate matter. You must pay me back by being there with me at special occasions which I am invited to almost always. So, like a bodyguard, I should put it."

     "O-Oh." Alfred calmed. "It's a deal!" He put his had out to him.

      Arthur noticed and shook his hand, "Deal."

      "Have a good night, Mr. Jones." Arthur soon left, saying goodbye as he walked off.

      "You too, Mr. Kirkland!" Alfred waved him off before he was out of sight. Alfred then closed the exit door and sighed, "why does it feel like I made a deal with the devil?" He asked himself, hiding his face in his cupped hands.

       "Why does it feel like I made a deal with the devil?" Arthur asked himself as well, walking in the dim streets of Pennsylvania, the street lamps flickering alog with the wind as he passed them.

     To be continued....