Chapter 1|| Befriending The Enemy ||Part 2

At lunch, Serinuma came and sat at my table. Not long after, her friend group appears next to her. Igarashi, Nanashima, Mutsumi, and Nishina.. but not Hayato.

"Hey Kae, why didn't you sit with us today?" Igarashi said, taking a seat next to her. "Yeah, why'd you ditch us like that?" Said Nanashima, who just fought to have the other seat next to her. I cringed, they were gathering around her like lost puppy dogs. "I was worried, Kae." Nishina sighed, taking the seat next to me. Mutsumi just smiled, and stood behind Kae. They talked for about five minutes, before even noticing I was there. 

"Oh, who is this Kae? Your friend?" Mutsumi spoke softly. "Well, I dunno if we're friends, but she invited me for lunch." Kae smiled. This is my chance! Even though I don't want to, I have to! For Hayato! "Yeah, we're definitely friends!" I smile, sounding as sweet as I possibly could. Kae looked shocked, and then happy. "Wow, thanks Y/N." She smiled happily. The group's eyes lit, clearly enhanced by Kae's smile. I refrained from cringing, because at that moment, Hayato arrived at the table. 

"Hey guys, you found Serinuma?" He smiled brightly. Everything around turned pink, and Hayato seemed to be in slow motion. The world became brighter, as I placed my chin in my hand, and looked at him dreamily. "I was really worried about you Kae!" And that's when the world was bland again. I grimaced. Everyone started talking, while I stayed quiet. "Hey, who are you?" Hayato asked, his gorgeous brown orbs searching me. "M-ME? Oh, I'm Y/N L/N!" I fiddled with my thumbs, my face red. "Oh..." He looked at me blankly. 

The rest of the conversation at lunch, I was included. I was really happy to even have said anything besides "Hello" to Shinomiya. Soon we'll be friends! That would be the second best thing ever! The first, of course, was being in a relationship with him.

I invited Kae over to my place to get closer to her. She accepted, and she came over after school. My house wasn't too far, so we walked. By the time we were there she was exhausted. I laughed a little, and she looked at me. "It's... hnn.. not *inhale* funny.." She sighed. "Kae!" I heard someone call. It was Hayato! "I saw you walking this way, and I know your house is the other way, so.." He fiddled with his thumbs.

I can't believe he's at my house-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not as long as I wanted it to be... but here.

I'm not really good at making long chapters, cause I don't have many ideas. But you love this story so I try!

ugh this story is so bad, don't mind me editing it - 2/23/20

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 447