Candy Wrapper

P.T straightened his tie and dusted off his top hat. He stared at his pocket watch intently.

    "Charity snacks!" He yelled from across the room.

  "I've got them phin." She shouted from the tiny kitchen.

    "Ok and girls. Just be adorable ok."

     "Yes sir." They giggled beaming up at him.

    "Well then I think we're all set. They should be here in 3.....2....1."

Just then a thundering knock on the door could be heard from all around the apartment.

        P.T sighed, "Coming!" He rushed to the door and bowed as a shorter bald man with a bushy red mustache and his    blonde even shorter wife.

     "Nice little place you got here Barnum." The man said sneering around the room.

    "Why thank you Mr. Tony." P.T. said Boeing even lower. " Here I'll lead you to the family room." P.T pulled off Mr. Tony's overcoat and hung it nervously on the coat rack.

      The man grunted. His wife pattered slowly across the wooden floor until she bumped into the back of the couch and gracefully fell over.

    " Honey I'm coming." Mr. Tony yelled. He then looked up right into P.T's eyes and said, ". If anything else happens the promotion is gone." Mr. Tony snapped his fingers and grinned.

   P.T gulped while Mr. Tony scuttered across the room to attend to his wife.

   P.T ran to the kitchen and pulled out Charity. "Mr. Tony this os my wife. Why don't you all get acquainted whilst I check on the orderves."

   He turned around and bent down facing the girls. " Don't let me catch you in the candy or the cookies ok. They are for our guests and our guests alone. Fo you understand."

     "Yes daddy." They said in unison.

  Once P.T had left the Helen slyly smiled and popped a chocolate ball right into her mouth.

    "Helen!" Caroline shouted as she snatched the wrapper from her hand. "Spit that out." Helen shook her head grinning with chocolate stained teeth.

  "If you get one then I get one too." Caroline complained tiptoeing over to the clear glass bowl full of assorted candies. She pulled out a fruity flavored block wrapped in emerald green and also popped it in her mouth.

   Helen frowned. "Now dads gonna know Caroline.

    "No he won't Helen no he won't. She opened a cabinet full of peanut butter and smiled. She had an idea.

    "Helen." She whispered "What if we  reuse the wrappers ."

    "How?" Asked Helen rather confused.

    "Well we could always fill up the wrappers with this peanut butter and seal them. No one would ever know." Caroline explained quietly.

     "But they would still be gooey." Emitted Helen.

    "Hmmm. Oh it is snowing outside we can open the window in our room and set them there so they harden."

    "It's brilliant Caroline." Helen popped another one in her mouth happily.

     "Well then let's get to work." Caroline started eating candy by the handful and Helen by the bucket. They ate and they ate until the bowl was completely empty. All left we're a few sour drops no body wanted.

   "Now we begin. Dad should come get the snacks around 8 So we have about half an hour. Helen you carry the wrappers and I've got the bowl." They exited the kitchen and crept behind the couch where the adults were talking and smuggled there items up the stairs quietly.

    They filled each and everyone with peanut butter until there hand were coated as well. As they finished the lay each and everyone in the window seal to cool. It was rather cold in there now. Helen stood up to get a blanket and accidentally knocked over the glass bowl causing it to immediately shatter into a million pieces.

   "Helen!Dad will have heard that for sure. Hide it quickly!"

    Helen shoved the pieces under the bed and gathered up the now hardened "candy" and also shoved it under the bed.

    Sure enough the door quickly opened and P.T stepped through. "Girls what in the world was that.

   The girls were in total shock they didn't know what to say in the least. 

   Then Caroline slyly fibbed, "Helen and I were jumping on the bed and she fell off and hurt her shoulder see."

   Immediately Helen grasped her right shoulder and pretended to be in utter agony.

    "Oh my Helen let me see that shoulder of yours."

    While P.T was examining Helens uninjured  shoulder Caroline snuck out with the freshly hardened peanut butter balls in there neatly wrapped candy wrappers. She crept downstairs and into the kitchen. Immediately she set them down on the counter and ran around the kitchen looking for a bowl. She was running out of time. Then she saw the jade vase on the table. She rushed to it and plucked all the roses out and into the garbage. She then poured the water in a nearby lettuce plant and frantically shoved all the wrapped peanut butter balls inside.

   Just then P.T entered the room with Helen clutching the wrong shoulder. "Caroline where did my mothers glass bowl run off to?"He walked over to the vase. "Why are the candies in our rose vase?"

      "You see jade is much better than a silly old glass jar I wanted to impress our guests." Caroline fibbed once more.

    "Ok then" P.T replied.

   " Barnum do you have any snacks I'm absolutely starved." Mr. Tony and his wife strutted into the kitchen. " Ahh candies." He said picking up what he thought was a chocolate ball and examining it. " Do these have any peanuts in them I'm terribly allergic you know."

   "No sir. I bought them specifically for you." P.T replied.

  The girls stared in total horror as he unwrapped it and popped it into his mouth.

    Instantly Mr. Tony began swelling up and making choking noises.

    "Oh my are you quite alright Mr. Tony." P.T asked rather confused.

    His wife picked up one of the chocolate balls. "This isn't chocolate this is pure peanut butter!" She screamed. As she dragged dragged him across the floor Mr. Tony hoarsly squealed " Your fired Barnum!" Then they left.

     P.T and Charity turned there heads towards Helen and Caroline in utter disappointment. P.T reached in his pocket and pulled out two items. A piece of the shattered glass bowl and an  emerald green candy wrapper.