Chapter 16

5 years later

"Do you really have to go, papa?" Ben asked Obi Wan, who was preparing to go on her another mission. He nodded "Sorry kiddo, but I do. But don't worry, after I come back, I promise we'll do whatever you want to do, alright?" Obi Wan said.

Benjamin sighed "Alright papa" he said. "That's my boy" Obi Wan said with a smile as he ruffled Ben's hair.

He stood up and was immediately stopped by something, or someone, grabbing on to hid legs.

He stooped down and picked up the little girl. "How's my little Sol doing?" He asked her, touching her nose.

"I'm doing good, daddy" she said. He smiled. "Good. That's good! Now promise me that while I'm away, you'll be a good little girl, alright?" He asked.

She nodded. "Yes daddy" she said. He smiled and kissed her on the forehead, then he put her down.

Then turning to Satine, he kissed her cheek. "How are you, my dear?" He asked.

"I'm fine, Obi. But I'm worried about the mission" she said, a bit less cheerful than usual.

"Now, why would you be worried?" He asked, embracing her.

"Obi, you know what happened the last time you were gone for a while" she said softly, not wanting the twins to hear.

They did hear though, and being curious five year olds, had to know more.

"What happened on the last mission?" Ben asked. Obi Wan and Satine stared at the little boy.

What were they supposed to say? Oh, nothing sweetie. It's just that on your father's last mission, he was killed, came back to life,and then spent months in a coma!

Of course not! 

"Nothing. I was just away for too long and your mother worried for me, that's all" Obi Wan said with a smile.

Ben wasn't convinced, and neither was Olivia, but they both shrugged.

"Just come back soon, ok?" his little girl said.

He kissed the top of her head. "Anything for my little warrior princess" he said.

He hugged his children before turning to kiss Satine.

"I'll be back before you know it" he said.

"Promise me I won't come close to losing you again" she said, unshed tears in her eyes.

"I promise" he said, kissing her again before grabbing his pack.

"Bye Papa!" the twins said and he smiled before waving goodbye.

He boarded the ship, where Anakin and Ahsoka were already waiting.

"Ready?" Anakin asked. 

"As I'll ever be" Obi Wan said before the ship took off, heading into the darkness of space and then jumping into hyperspace.

As they watched them go, Satine said a silent prayer.

"Keep them safe" she muttered. "Let him come back to me..." she said, a single tear slipping down her cheek.