Chapter 5

After Anakin and Padmé left, Satine and Obi Wan retired to their bedroom so they could get some rest. As Satine changed into her nightgown, she saw Obi Wan packing his bag. She was jarred back into reality when she realized that tomorrow Obi Wan and Anakin would be leaving on their mission. She fought back tears as a million things came into her mind. What if they get hurt? What if he never comes back? What if something goes wrong and... No, she couldn't think like that. Both Obi Wan and Anakin were skilled Jedi and they had both gone on many missions together. But that didn't keep her from worrying.

Obi Wan stopped what he was doing as he heard a sob behind him. He turned around and saw Satine, obviously fighting back tears. He felt his heart breaking as he saw the love of his life in such sadness. " What's wrong, my dear?" he asked. " Please don't go Obi" she said. " I don't want to lose you". Obi Wan went over to her and kissed her on the lips and took her in his arms. " Don't worry, you won't. I'll be back before you know it. But know we have to get some rest" he said as he kissed again. Soon, they were both lying in bed, and they fell asleep.

Satine was back in Mandalore, back in her throne room, and she saw Obi Wan and Anakin there too. They were far away, and although she tried to move, she couldn't budge. She saw them fighting with Darth Maul, and his brother, Savage Oppress. Savage brought out a blaster and shot Obi Wan. He fell to one knee as he was shot in the leg and side. " Nooo!" shouted Satine, but no one heard her. All of a sudden, she saw a cloaked figure position itself on the roof, and with one blast, Savage was dead. A blaster shot had gone right through his chest. Darth Maul, overcome with grief, force pushed Anakin, knocking him out. He then ran up to Obi Wan and with his Darksaber, impaled him through the chest. " Noooo! Obi Wan!!" she screamed.

"Satine!!!" Obi Wan shook Satine awake. " Obi!" she hugged him tightly. " I thought you were dead" she said. " What? Why?" " I had a horrible dream. You were in Mandalore with Anakin and Darth Maul killed you!" she said. Obi Wan looked into her eyes and saw the sadness and fear in them. " Don't worry my dear, it was only a dream, now go back to sleep". He then moved so that her head was on his chest and he wrapped his arms around her, his left hand lying on top of her right, on top of her belly. Obi Wan smiled, although inside, he felt a twinge of fear for what morning would bring.
_______________________________________________________________________

" You can't go Snips, I'm sorry" " But master...." " Ashoka, I'm sorry but for once Anakin is right, you can't come in this mission" Obi Wan said. Anakin's padawan was insisting she go with them, but the council had said that only Obi Wan and Anakin could go, and that Ashoka had to stay behind. " But I could help you..." " Snips, that's enough. It's still a no" said Anakin. Ashoka looked at them angrily, and stormed off to her chambers. " She reminds a lot of someone" said Obi Wan. " Really, who?" asked Anakin. " You" " Not true" said Anakin. "Sure" said Obi Wan. " Come on, we have to board in 10 minutes" they both slung their bags over their shoulders and walked to the landing pad. There, Padmé and Satine were waiting for them. They embraced each other and said their goodbyes. " Be careful, Obi" Satine told Obi Wan. " Don't worry, I will" he said as he leaned down and kissed her on the lips passionately. She deepened the kiss, tangling her fingers in his hair as he lowered his hands from her back to her hips. They were so distracted that no one, not even Anakin or Padmé noticed a cloaked figure sneak on board the ship and disappear from sight. They broke up the kiss and embraced again. Then Anakin and Obi Wan boarded their ship and with one last wave, the door closed, and the ship took off, leaving two weeping women on the launching pad, unaware of what was to come.

Sorry it took so long to write this chapter. I had to rewrite chapter 2 and I was busy with school. I would've published it yesterday but had to finish it today cause I fell down the school stairs and sprained my ankle and I'm going to have to use crutches for a bit. I'm alright though, and I'll finish Chapter 6 soon. Thanks for understanding guys!