Chapter 2 - Grand Hyatt

Entering the hotel, the first thing Eva did was gasp at the beauty of the lobby. She'd passed this hotel so many times through the years and never realised what interior lay within.

Several huge chandeliers hung high on the decorated ceiling, twinkling like stars where the lighting hit them. The pristine white walls held many beautiful paintings with gold frames, all of which Eva could quite easily take home with her. The marble floors were so shiny, you could see your reflection as you looked down, as well as hear the many squeaking shoes from businessmen as they walked in and out of the lobby. The elevators looked to be solid gold and the many alcoves leading off to different rooms had stunning carvings that the Queen of England would be proud of. Even the reception desk looked as though it had been pulled out of Buckingham Palace.

Glancing from the reception desk upwards, Eva was taken aback by a young blonde woman who was watching her with a small smile.

Feeling slightly embarrassed at what she must have looked like standing there, staring at her surroundings like an open-mouthed fish, Eva quickly approached the desk.

"I take it this is your first visit to our hotel?" the blonde woman enquired with a knowing smile.

"It is, yes!" Eva replied, with a nervous chuckle as she eyed the woman's gold name tag. Maria her name was. "I'm not used to being in such luxurious places!"

Maria smiled in return. "And how can I help you today Miss?"

"I'm here for the 9am meeting in the Chrysler Room. The name is 'Ferrari60'." Eva replied. 'Ferrari60' was her code name if you like. Everyone had one in the music and film industry for hotel stays and meetings. It was one way of ensuring security and making sure nobody unauthorised attempted to get past the system. Unauthorised access used to be a regular occurrence when people simply used their own names.

Maria nodded her head and began tapping away at her computer keyboard. "Miss Evelyn Fenner?" she asked, peering up at her.

"Yes." Eva nodded with a smile.

"Okay. I won't be a second!" Maria replied, before she disappeared into one of the back rooms for a moment. She soon reappeared holding a VIP laminate that was intended to hang around the neck.

"Here you go." Maria said, handing the laminate over. "You must wear this at all times, security will check it before you enter the Chrysler Room. And can I just say..." she began before leaning over the desk slightly and lowering her tone. "....you are so lucky to be in the presence of Michael Jackson! I can't tell you how jealous I am! I absolutely love him!" she squealed slightly at the end.

Maria's sudden transition from professionalism to fan girl moment made Eva giggle. "I can't tell you how nervous I am though! I've never met him before! I'm such a huge fan too so this is so nerve-wracking for me!" Placing the laminate around her neck, she grinned at Maria and took a deep breath. "Wish me luck!"

"Good luck Miss Fenner!" Maria grinned excitedly. "Oh..If you take the first elevator to the left, go to the Ballroom level, which is the second floor and then continue all the way down the hall, the Chrysler Room is face on at the far end, you can't miss it!"

"Great! Thank you for your help!" Eva relied, as she gave a small wave and walked towards the first elevator.

Once inside with the doors closed, Eva took a deep breath and looked down at her feet. Her nerves were overwhelming now and she could feel her hands becoming slightly clammy.

"Second Floor" an automated voice momentarily spoke, as the elevator doors opened.

The hallway ahead of her was just as spectacular as the lobby had been. The same marble floor gleamed beneath her feet as she exited the elevator and began walking down the hall, her heels clicking sharply on the floor as she went.