Ch. 27 You Found Me

Ch. 27 You Found Me

                Sunlight was filtering through my room’s window when I came to. I turned my head, finding Liam’s body lounging on a nearby chair. He neither stirred nor opened his eyes at my awakening. I rubbed my eyes, trying to remember yesterday. And then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

                Oh.

                My.

                Gosh.

                I sat up, staring wide-eyed at the ground. I couldn’t have. There was no freaking way I could have kissed Liam Sheppard!

                My head started to pound harder with pain and my leg began to ache even more than usual. I took a deep breath, and beside me the heart monitor spiked painfully as I tried to control my anger and disbelief.

                “LIAM!” I yelled. My vocal chords screeched in agony as I screamed his name powerfully at him.

                My voice immediately brought a reaction out of him as he suddenly shot up in his chair, his head swiveling to my direction. If I were able to walk, I would have strutted over to him and punched the living potatoes out of the boy.

                “Kee!” he said, his eyes suddenly brightening as if my face brought joy to his whole entire world. He walked over to me, his face turned up into a heart-melting grin. He suddenly leaned forward and crashed my lips to his in a slow, passionate kiss. I sat there, my eyes wide, as his mouth moved against mine. What the—

                “GET OFF!” I suddenly yelled, pushing him away. His lips broke off contact with mine, and I couldn’t help but feel the slightest bit of disappointment run through me before I shoved the feeling away. Liam’s eyes widened in hurt and he took a seat in the chair beside me. “Why are you kissing me?”

                “You let me kiss you yesterday, so I thought today I could too.” Liam said, an innocent look flashing across his face.

                “I-I wasn’t right in my head! I should have pushed you away.” I said, frustrated. I had made such a careless mistake letting him kiss me yesterday. After all, I was supposed to be angry at him.

                “But you didn’t. You forgave me.” Liam insisted, taking my hand in his. “Please, Keegan! Can’t you see that I really messed up and that I feel horrible all the terrible words I said to you? Please! I love you, Keegan.”

                “No you don’t!” I yelled, snatching my hand away from him. I was angry, but I wasn’t even sure if it was for a good reason. I breathed heavily, my head exploding in pain.

                “But I do!” Liam said, his eyes pleading. “What will it take for you to believe me, Keegan?”

                “Quit acting!” I shouted. “Confess your love for me on national television or something! I don’t know! I…I just want proof, Liam.”

                Why was I not screaming and shouting at him to leave my life forever? Why wasn’t I calling security to take him away? Why was I saying that I wanted proof that he loved me, like I was going to actually accept his love?

                Was I falling in love with Liam Sheppard too?

                I immediately dismissed the thought. No freaking way could that ever happen.

                His eyes searched mine and finally he spoke eight words. “Then go out on a date with me.”