Ch. 7 Call Me Maybe

Hiiiii guys! Just xD a big shoutout to my good friend, Oceanair425 for no strange reason as well as my other good friend Immaspaz! GO CHECK OUT THEIR STORIES! Thanks. :P

Ch. 7 Call Me Maybe

Naturally the first thing you do when a handsome boy is leaning in towards you for the kiss, you let him make lip-contact. Sparks might fly. Things might get a bit saucy. You cue the sexy music.

Yeah, that wasn’t going to happen anytime soon.

My mind was frozen. My body was frozen. All the while, Liam continued to lean forward. What was he doing? He wasn’t going to kiss me, was he? No, no, no. This couldn’t be happening. Everything seemed to occur in slow motion. And in a snap, it sped back up again. I gave a little shriek of surprise and jumped away, my head slamming against the wall. Hard. I had hit my head so hard that I saw stars. I blinked slowly, everything becoming hazy. My head pounded and for a moment I forgot how to breathe. The world took a dizzying turn as I fell back onto Liam’s lap, and let the stars overtake me.

~~~~~~~~~~

Memories. Much too many memories. They filled my mind as everything that I had buried deep inside me unleashed. I caught glimpses of much younger versiono of Liam and me sitting on a park bench, eating peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwhiches and laughing. Time sped up and I saw us both sitting at a lake, playing in the wter. Another memory flashed by of me with my head in Liam’s lap as he twirled my hair in his fingers while I read a book out loud. I felt emotions, too. Emotions that I hadn’t even known existed until now while I was looking at my past memories. Then there was one final one of Liam’s house. He was moving away from me. My Liam was leaving. There was the hug. I left, and never said good-bye afterwards. And suddenly I was watching the much newer memories of him. Seeing Ellie flash me a picture of Matthew Parmen, whom I realized looked eerily familiar to Liam. Him coming as a new student and calling himself Alex. Tutoring. Running. Liam’s confession of love towards his former best friend…

I gasped and sat up, everything coming back again in a rush. Liam Sheppard. My best friend.

“Keegan?” I turned my head and looked up at Liam. He was sitting next to me closely, his hand enveloping mine. “Are you okay? Do you remember me?”

“Liam?” I breathed, so shocked by everything that that was all I could say.

He rubbed his neck and grinned shyly. “The one and only.”

I stared at him, lost in partial disbelief and partial relief. How could I have forgotten my very best friend?

Liam opened up his hands awkwardly. “Um, do you mind if I get a hug as part of our happy reunion?”

I grinned and let out a sort of odd sound that was a half-sob and half-laugh. I threw my hands around Liam and pulled him into a tight hug. “I can’t believe I didn’t remember you! I missed you. I’m so sorry I didn’t say good bye.” I whispered.

I felt Liam smile agianst my hair. “It’s okay. There’s nothing to be sorry for. I missed you, too.”

I pulled away. “Why didn’t you tell me that you were really Liam?”

“I wanted to see if you remembered.” He explained. “And I guess you didn’t until now.”

“Right…amnesia on a smaller scale.” I muttered. I looked up, gave a sloppy grin, and stuck my hand out to him akwardly. “Are we still best friends?”

Pain flashed through his eyes, but it disappeared so quickly I thought I had imagined it. Liam grinned and enveloped me in another hug. “We’re still best friends.” He said softly.

I gently pushed him away. “We could have just shaken hands.”

He shrugged. “I miss hugging you.”

I laughed a bit uneasily. “Okay. Is…is Dr. Lee still here?”

“He left, but he told me that you could call anytime if you needed his advice.” My mom answered, appearing in the doorframe. She smiled. “I’m so glad you remembered Liam, darling. I hope you two can get along as much as you did three years ago.”

I nodded, suddenly tired. I glanced at Liam, and realized I still couldn’t believe he was here. There was suddenly a furious knocking at the door, followed by a violent BAM!. There were angry footsteps and a middle-aged man appeared, shoving aside my mother. “Where were you Matthew? What are you doing here? Who’s that girl?” he glared at me furiously, as if I’d blown up puppies or something. “You’d better leave her, otherwise the paparazzi will have another story on their hands.”

Paparazzi? Matthew? Matthew…Matthew Parmen.

No.

“No!” I gasped in surprise, looking at Liam. I pointed to him in disbelief. “You’re Matthew Parmen?”

He grinned shyly again. “Um…yeah…”

The middle-aged man—who I assumed was most likely his manager—snatched Liam by the arm and began to drag him away. Liam glanced back at me desperately as I still sat on the bed, frozen in shock.

“Call me, okay?” he pleaded as he began to be yanked down the stairs. The manager pulled with a little more force and they made their way downstairs and out the doory.

My only thought was:

What?