Rescuing Razz....Again Ch. 8.2

Börja om från början

"You sure know how to be the life of the party," Rile said.

"Shut up and really run."

Once out of the mob, Alex dropped the slipstream and they ran in earnest.

*****

Back at their rooms, Alex barred the door and bent over, breathing hard. Rile helped Razz to the bed, where his brother climbed over from the chair and hugged him. Rile then handed Razz the gold, opal, and star sapphire collar.

"Razz . . . are you . . . all right?" Alex gasped out.

"I am fine. It was nothing." Razz clicked the gold necklace back into place.

Alex sagged on the bed. "It wasn't nothing." She held her head between her hands.

"It was nothing that I have not gotten used to," Razz said.

"No one should get used to that." Alex wiped her forehead. "Dex, where is Zilik? I told him to stay here with you."

"I told him to find you, about a minute ago. I was very afraid for you because you were gone so long. I'm sorry," Dex whimpered and Razz patted his back.

Someone pounded on the door.

"Go away!" Alex shouted. "I'm in the middle of the usual! New mates and all that!"

Rile snickered, Razz grinned, and even Dex dared a shy smile.

"Alex, open up! You really did it this time!" Zilik shouted back.

"Thank you. I'll take that under consideration." Alex stood and found a towel to wipe her face.

"Open this door, Alex!"

"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin," Alex sang.

"What? Either you open this door to me or to all the new Anolis friends you made at the party."

Alex nodded to Rile, who cracked opened the door for Zilik, but barred it after he slipped in.

"Alex, you infuriated a large contingent of revolutionaries at the party. We need their political help." Zilik scolded as he paced, his color changing between green, blue, and brief bursts of red.

Rile crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. "Razz, Dex, here comes the show. Zilik has said the very wrong thing, at the very wrong time, to the very wrong person."

"You listen to me, Zilik." Alex jumped up and stood toe to toe with the astonished Chameleon. "I will never tolerate rape in any form, for any reason. Political expediency be hanged. Those Anolis females will pay for what they did to Razz and for what Morgan did to me."

"Who's Morgan and what did he do to you?" Zilik turned an angry red. "I'll take revenge for you. I'm a formidable fighter in my own right."

"Never mind," Alex said quickly.

"I finished Morgan," Rile said. "Decapitation. Too clean a death for that bastard, but it's what the Creator of All must have wanted."

Zilik curtly nodded in approval at Rile before turning back and his color flowed into a calmer green. "Alex, think. What about staying alive?"

"My life is unimportant," Alex replied. "I've impressed that on Rile so he doesn't try to save me. Don't make me waste a lot of time impressing that on you. Just believe me."

"She's suicidal about this type of thing," Rile warned. "Although she hasn't impressed me like she thinks."

Zilik blew out his breath in frustration and turned to Rile. "I don't suppose you can talk some sense into her."

"Talking sense to Alex about this is useless. Besides, I like her style. Seems like there's a lot of talk of revolution, but nothing changes," Rile said.

"Females will never change." Dex spoke the first forceful sentence that Alex had heard from him.

"I'll forgive that, if you qualify it to your own species," Alex told him.

"Alex, what will I do with you?" Zilik sounded exasperated and defeated and his color turned to blue.

Rile answered, "I'll tell you what you'll do. You'll maneuver us into fighting in that revolution."

***

A/N

Thoughts on Razz now?

Dedicated to

MadKea

Who is mad enough to love my humor! Her graphics are gorgeous and her book "Mrs. Drug Cartel" has 5 MILLION reads! Congrats!