"Are you still at McKinley?"

"Yes; why?"

"Then drive here and let me make that cup of tea for you. I'm also heading to my kitchen to get started on the brownies and you get to choose the movie today."

Blaine could tell Kurt was smiling:

"I really don't want to give you any trouble. I know you have a big test this week."

"That's exactly why you should come. Do you think I can concentrate if I know you'll spend some hours alone at home feeling blue? Come on; at least until it's time for your father to get home. It'll break my heart to know you needed me and I wasn't there. And that, my dear Kurt, is the infallible recipe for me to fail my test."

Kurt couldn't contain a chuckle:

"Who's exaggerating now? Fine; you got me. How can I say no to you being so damn cute?"

"See you in five, then."

"I'm on my way."

*

Kurt and Finn were in a stranger's hospital room, going through her stuff and sorting things into piles. They've been working in silence until Finn commented:

"I feel like I knew her by now."

"It's easier to do it for a stranger. Sorting my mother's stuff was something me and dad could only do after a long time since she passed away."

"My dad's stuff was all that was left of him for me to try to figure out who he was."

Kurt sat down and cleared a stubborn tear from his face while arranging Jean's teddy bears. He then heard a sob from Finn. Kurt had never seen his brother cry so he wasn't sure if it was alright to hug him. Soon, Finn had been reduced to a crying pile on the floor. Kurt left all his doubts aside in favor of helping his brother. He kneeled beside the crying boy and pulled him in his arms. Finn managed to say between hiccups:

"I don't know what's worse: never have known like me or losing so soon like you did."

Kurt rubbed his back:

"Worse is never having loved. Or be in Sue's position and be left with no one else."

"She has us."

Kurt gave him a little smile:

"Just because of the goodness of our hearts. Come on; let's grab a glass of water and try to calm down before she gets here."

*

Blaine hung up from the phone where he was checking up on Kurt with a lump in his throat. He heard his mother making dinner downstairs and decided to join her.

"Mom?"

"Hi sweetie; anything wrong?"

"Can we talk?"

She swallowed hard looking uncomfortable:

"Blaine; I'm not sure I'm the best person to give you boy advice..."

He snorted:

"It's not that... Have you... Have you ever lost someone important?"

She stared at him puzzled:

"Like what? Someone very intimate? I believe not. I mean; I know lots of people who are now dead, but no one that close. Why?"