Takara Akira

I held Dealan close to me, not wanting to let him go. He mumbled things every so ofge often, asking questions. I answered them quietly in return, his head warm and skin seeming pale in the dim light. After a while, I opened my eyes and looked down at him. I realized in that moment how blind I was.

He was... cute. His hair was as red as a firetruck, and when he smiled, the world seemed a little less dark.

I sighed, putting hand on the side of his face. "Dealan... I'm so sorry."

The sound of footsteps was heard from the hall. I got ready to get out of there, system at the ready.

That is, until a familiar voice was heard. "Takara...! Shirali!" Markal ran into the room. The others weren't far behind.

I looked at them. "G... guys...?"

They looked pale and exhausted. "You've gotta get out."

I stared. "How? We can't even-" I stopped. The system. I looked to Dealan.

"You can fight the one who did this too you as well. Your system login has created a small... hiccup in his plan," Yui appeared behind Markal. "We'll take care of Dealan. Go deal with Sugou. Daddy has already done his share of revenge. Now it's your turn, Aunt Shira!" She said, smiling.

I stared at her. "Yui..."

Diabel walked over. He gave me a grin as he took Dealan from my arms. "Go on. We'll get him out. Sugou could leave any second."

I closed my eyes. I stood up and nodded, running out the door.

Takara...

I closed my eyes as I thought back on all that's happened.

The day Dealan confessed to me floated to mind. The day I killed our Guild followed that, and then my memories floated to Diabel. My friend from when I was a little tiny girl wearing dresses all the time. Then I saw Yui; I'd never seen her much, but I'd met her enough times for her to trust me. Once again, everything floated back to one person - Akihiko Kayaba.

He'd caused me so much rage for such a long time, and then he'd managed to fix it. He even made me finally understand what he was saying about my mother

Then I saw Mary, and my heart twisted. When was the last time I said I loved her? Last time I saw her? Held her?

What would she have said when she found me trapped in a game once again, Nerv Gear on my head, lying in my bedroom like two years ago?

I have a feeling I gave her a panic attack.

I opened my eyes. "If it's Sugou, he's probably logged into the system... and can use commands like myself." I sighed. "Crap... what am I gunna do."

"Nothing without me," I looked up to see Akihiko Kayaba run up on my right side. He smiled. "I do not recommend revenge, Shirali... however, I know I have no way of changing your decision."

I nodded. "Of course you don't." I ran around a corner. "Sugou Nobuyuki trapped me here. He trapped 300 of us. He trapped Dealan. He hurt all of us, hurt me..." I grit my teeth. "And even hurt Dealan. He made me wish I was never born. "You... you did the same." I felt something inside me begin to boil.

Akihiko sighed. "Shirali Kayaba, I may not be your living and breathing father, but-" he ran ahead of me. "-I am still Heathcliff!"

We through into a rounder hall and reached the end. Upon exiting, we found a man trying to get out of the system from a console. This room was where they held all the minds of players... and were...

Something inside of be nearly snapped. It was simple to tell who it was. Their body was in shreds almost, and their head was barely even on their body.

At least this game didn't have blood...

"Sugou!" I yelled and his head snappedin my direction. For a second he looked completely irratated, then realized something. "You want to get out so bad?" I gripped my sword.

He grew pale and grit his teeth. "I'm still here because of YOU?" He stood up, pointing at me.

"Yes."

"Damn..." he touched his eye.

I glared and cursed at him. "I can't believe you! You did all this! To all these innocent people. It was a ridiculous reason, but tell me something!" I shouted. "Why am I here?!"

Silence fell over the room. "Why...?" He repeated back. "Well... 'why' is simple." He grinned wildly. "You are Shirali Kayaba - a perfect and fragile subject."

"You are a fragile thing, Shirali," Akihiko once said. He stared at me from the screen in Aincrad, talking to me. "You are part of my own project. A fragile person, put into a World of my own design. A subject, but not quite."

Anger boiled into my veins, growing hotter with each passing second. "... a subject? No. That's not right." I redied myself, sword behind me. "I'm not a subject - not anymore. The only subject would be YOU!" I shouted, running at him as he fumbled to call on a sword. "A subject to how much pain I can give to someone like you! You're JUST like he was!!" I swung my sword, making contact with each hit as rage controlled my actions. "You're JUST like how Akihiko was!!"

I realized where all this anger was coming from. It was the anger I kept bottled up for two years and rarely used. My anger for Akihiko Kayaba when he trapped myself and all of us inside Sword Art Online.

Now I was unleashing it all at Sugou. And it was worth it.

"When are you going to disappear?!" I yelled, jumping back and running at him again.

"Shirali!" Akihiko shouted. He ran past me on my right. "Switch!"

With that, I skidded to a halt as his sword from SAO appeared in hand. With one final blow, everything around myseld went dark, then completely white.

Soon enough, everything was dark again.

I felt my finger twitch.