Chapter Twenty-Six ~ Horcruxes and Prophecies

"Elysia?" Neville called out, causing me to open my eyes and awake from my daydreaming.

We were at his Grandmother's home, which was situated beside a very small forest, barely even that. However, it did hold a lovely pond and the little trees it had were massive, their foliage nearly drooping the ground with heavy leaves.

"Mhmm?" I hummed in reply, craning my head backwards over the sun seat to look at him.

"You should really read those letters from Drew, he's been writing all summer." Neville urged, waving the massive handful of letters in my face for the third time this week.

"Nev, I told you, I don't want to hear from him." I sighed, looking guiltily at the letters.

I had to admit, I'd been trying to see Drew's future all summer, but something stopped me. The only explanation was that when I cut off that vision of him last semester, I had cut off all visions of him. Neville's eyes burned as he turned to return the letters to the guest bedroom, guilting me further.

"Fine, give them to me." I continued in defeat, receiving a smile from Neville that made it all worth it.

Laying them in my hand, he whispered, "It'll all be fine, I knew-"

Suddenly his words thickened in my ears until they were undecipherable, black waves eroding my vision. The paper was thick and stiff from being ignored, but the second it made contact with my hand the vision began, disgustingly vivid.

The first thing I saw was his face, Drew's face. His eyes stare over the bridge, sad but still in awe of this muggle achievement. His mother runs ahead of him to catch up to his younger brother, but he decides to keep his pace slow. He gazes out at London, smiling faintly.

From his pocket, he draws out a small piece of parchment and a muggle 'pen'. Scribbling the date in to the corner of the page, he addresses it to Elysia, his face twisting in pain as he wrote every letter of that name, as if it were burning him.

''Dear Elysia,

I know that you will ignore this, but on the slim chance that you won't, I beg for your forgiveness. You don't have to love me, you don't even have to be friends with me, I just want to know that I haven't hurt you. I have heard that you and Neville are finally together, which is good. He won't hurt you like I did. There's a reason he's in Gryffindor and I'm not. All I want is for you to be ha'

The bridge began to rattle, causing his pen to fall from his hand and in to the river. Looking up, his eyes widened as thick black figures, quicker than lighting, circled the bridge. The sickening sound of beams snapping sent his hands to his ears, and his eyes to his family at the other end of the bridge, safely on land.

"Drew!" I scream, standing directly in front of him, but he can't see me.

I glance at the letter in his hand, staring at the date... Maybe I can save him, I'll send him an owl, but...

The date is today’s date.

As the bridge shakes and quivers, his knees buckle beneath him. His mother's screams echo in the distance, beckoning for him to run. The black shapes still whiz by, disorientating him. Pulling himself up he begins to run, run, run...

The face is of his mother, warm and fearful looks almost relieved... He's made it. Drew himself looks relieved for a second, before he hears and crunch, and looks down to see a beam protruding from his chest. He's feet away from the edge, but he cannot move.