Prologue

** This is the second book to 'Elysia Riddle', folks, so be warned, you'd better have read the first one to understand half of the characters!

Here a link:

http://www.wattpad.com/2622682-elysia-riddle-a-harry-potter-fan-fiction-prologue      **

Peter Pettigrew

My tiny legs moved as fast as they could through the talls trees and overgrown plants. High canopies of leaves allowed moonlight to filter through and light my path through the forbidden forest. Lucky... I had been so very lucky to escape.

Remus was always a clever boy, but he had made such a crucial mistake. Master would be very pleased to hear of my escape, and all of the information that I would have to exchange for his favour... Or my own life.

Terror struck my nerves as I thought of him cursing me fatally. If I helped him to succeed in his quest for control, I would be set up in a stately home for the rest of my life... He even promised me a woman to satisfy me as well.

Auburn hair and almond shaped emeralds filled my mind.

No, not emeralds after all, her eyes. The eyes of Lily Evans haunted me, much against my will. I must ask my Master to change that, but I didn't doubt that he would take delight in my torture, no matter how faithful to him I was.

My lungs began to constrict, and I decided that I needed a well deserved break. Sure, I had only run a few yards, but I had such tiny legs... I couldn't possibly continue for too long. Sniffing carefully, I soon found a bush impregnated with berries nearby, and feasted.

Sirius was to be killed, and I would be safe. And soon enough everybody would know of Lupin, and he would no doubt retreat in to the company of fellow wolves; I would be safe with my Master. Well, as safe as you can be with Lord Vol-.

No, not even in my mind could I say it.

My Master would protect me, and I would be satisfied in his protection.

"You traitor! They trusted you!"

Oh, not now Sirius... I could run from my triumphs, but they haunted me. Lily's eyes... James's laugh... Sirius's accusations... Lupin's growl. They all followed me and threatened me constantly. I would request for my Master to destroy any of the remaining Marauders; if by chance they survived.

Suddenly, a brilliant white light blinded my vision of the bulging, red berries, and I saw a stag riding in to the night.

James! No... This wans't possible... James wasn't back... My heart pounded faster than possible as the stag rode on, it's brilliant light illuminating the forest. The sweet fruit in my throat wedged itself there as I froze completely.

Exposed, I felt completely exposed. I could never be small enough to escape James... He would find me and avenge Lily.... No, no, no! Burying my body in the dead foliage around me, I hid from the terrifying patronus as it chased a herd of deadly dementors.

How had he done it? How had James come back? He was so very clever, but not this clever, never this clever. My lungs constricted and screamed for air so, pushing the fruit out of my throat, I inhaled a deep breath and inflated my tiny body like a rat-shaped balloon.

I had to find my Master, otherwise James would kill me.

Forgetting my terror, I scurried along the forest floor and past the source of the patronus, a man with ruffled, brown hair looking in the opposite direction, his wand emitting the brilliant light and the horrifying creature that rode before us.