Chapter One ~ Holidays

The snake advanced, abandoning the feeble infant-like creature behind it and heading towards a shabby man, short and round. His was terrified, his front teeth jutting out of his mouth like a rat.

"ELYSIA!" he bellowed, his voice deep and husky under the weight of the name.

Instantly, the creature halted twisting to return to the creature that it had been guarding previously. The round mans face changed, losing it's fear and being replaced with a more confident, corrupt man in his place. His eyes seemed to toy with an idea, before continuing.

"I know not of the eldest, but I have found the youngest creation, Elysia." he said, his voice containing a strange tone to it.

"Raised by Severus, yes?" squeaked the bundle.

"Indeed... Indeed... And a very skilled witch, great potential... However..." he mused, seemingly thinking further in to the conversation.

"...However?" said the shaking creature.

"She has taken a liking to Dumbledore, I'm afraid..." he droned, feigning defeat.

"He will be dealt with... Severus told me that this would be the danger of raising her within Hogwarts, however she will be mine soon enough..." muttered the baby.

"I think she may resist, my Lord." the round man added, losing his confidence completely.

"She will not resist her Master! She will be mine!" he screeched, his red eyes burning.

~

"Elle?" said a distant voice, dragging me out of my sleep like a hero would for a drowning victim.

"Mmm... go... away..." I mumbled, turning my body over so as to bury myself further in to the blankets.

I tried not to admit it openly, or at least reveal it, but I was really uncomfortable. One of my duvets was blocking the blood flow to my foot, but I persisted in feigning sleep until I reached the point where I was well and turly awake.

Dumbledore, my father, stood in front of me, his face looking particularly smug. I yawned and stretched out, pretending that my sleep was only wearing off at this moment. I would never admit that he was right, or more so that I was wrong.

"Bad sleep?" he asked, his startling eyes curious.

Flashes of my horrid dream of the black forest protruded in to my head as I was forced to remember my dream. As the grogginess of sleep began to wear off, the full meaning of the dream, or rather vision, was beginning to dawn on me.

"Was it about Voldemort?" continued Dumbledore, his voice darkening.

No words escaped my lips, I merely nodded. Anxiety rose up within me as I was reminded of the danger that I was in, which wasn't helped by the confirmation of Voldemort's intentions. Leaning again the wall at the head of my bed, I took several breaths and tried to calm myself.

"He's coming for me." I burst, my breaths quickening in succession.

"You will always be safe at Hogwarts." assured my Father, his wrinkled hand falling firmly on my shoulder.

"Not against him..." I breathed, my mind clouded with worry.

"Elysia you are protected." said Dumbledore firmly, his eyes resolute.

"I- I don't want to be trapped here, though." I continued, mustering courage once more.

"How so?" he questioned, raising his ancient eye brows.