Twelve

you guys...just...omigods. you all make me blush when you compliment my story and I don't think you guys realize how much it means to me...at a low point in my life and seeing such praises from complete strangers makes my day...

twelve

The groaning of wood woke Dick. He looked around the room and noticed the walls and ceilings were cracking and breaking apart.

His bedroom door then swung open with a loud bang against the wall and the man was hit with a blast of cold wind. Then followed pleading voices, Perci. Perci. Perci.

Dick was now wide awake, "What? What's wrong with her?!"

This time the voices sound desperate, like they were going to cry, Nightmare. Nightmare. Nightmare.

The blue-eyed man threw off the covers and raced for Perci's room. The Aurai opened the door for him and Dick entered to see nine ladies standing over her. They whispering about how to wake her when Dick appeared next to the bed.

She was panting heavily, her face covered in sweat and tears.

"The Aurai told me something about nightmares. They begged me to come."

"Yes," One of the ladies murmured.

"First, they were every night and when we came to her, once or twice a week." One other muttered, tearfully.

"We were terrified for her, she screamed and destroyed the palace every time," One more whimpered.

"Now it's only once in a while, thank the Gods," Another whispered.

Dick watched Perci's face as she panted and cried out softly, trapped in her own mind.

She was tossing and turning, clenching the bedsheets.

"Perci...hey come on wake-"

Out of nowhere, the sleeping demigoddess wrapped her hand tightly around Dick's wrist, breaking it and threw him across the room.

Perci stood and growled wildly, before uncapping a glowing gold sword.

Dick's eyes widened and barely dodged every swing of the blade. Even asleep, she was an unstoppable Warrior. He misstepped and the man closed his eyes, preparing for pain.

But...he felt none. Dick opened his eyes to see the sword slice right through him.

Behind her, the man saw the nine ladies scatter to the other side of the room, then kneel and mutter a name several times, like a prayer.

Perci grabbed Dick's arm and twisted it painfully. He heard a loud snap which made him grunt.

Suddenly, a column of fire appeared in the centre of the room. When it dissipated, a worried woman ran to the girl gasped, raced to her then pressed a hand to her forehead.

The ravenette collapsed into her arms, finally still and silent. The mansion stopped its groaning.

Hestia looked around, then waved her hand. The broken veins in the walls and ceiling vanished. His dislocated shoulder popped back into place and his wrist healed, painfully.