Ten

am I going too fast? or too slow? tell me if I am

ten

Perci opened her eyes. Sunlight poured in through the window like liquid gold. The day was brighter than yesterday and smiling, she thinks that maybe it's because Apollo had found her.

Or at least knew she was safe.

"Perci?" Clio stands next to her and placed a wet cloth on her forehead. "You were tossing and turning last night. But you weren't screaming and the house is in one piece. So that's something."

That made Perci happy and grinned at the Muse. Proud of herself and grateful for the Muses. She was making progress. Getting better.

She then gasped, eyes wide, "I know who it is. I know who the man in the white suit is and why Chaos came to me."

"Why, sweet child?"

"I need to see Artemis. She has to know. Is she still here?"

Clio slowly shook her head, "I'm sorry, Saviour. She left. But the Lady of the Moon did leave you a big bowl of drachmas."

Perci grinned then threw off her blankets, making the Muse gasp with displeasure, but hummed, appreciating the Aurai as they made the bed.

They whined, Perci. Perci. Perci.

She giggled at the wind spirits, then ran from her bed and bedroom down the stairs. Clio was right. A silver dish holding what looked like hundreds of drachmas sat on the table.

The girl then frowned and poked her cheek. If she IMs Artemis, then Iris would know where she is.

Grabbing a coin, Perci smiled. She knew what to do.
Erato also knew the girl's intentions. Her mind link with Clio and the Muses told her everything. The Goddess of Poetry smiled and made a small rainbow just for her, watching her with pride in her eyes.

All of the Muses were proud of the girl they'd come to love. She had been so reserved when they had arrived and was very cautious, frightened and aware of every move they made. Like she was expecting the Muses to attack her. Isolating herself from them all. Eventually, the demigoddess had calmed her fear and anxiety.

Perci started to build strong relationships with each of them. Except Thalia. But now she was contacting other gods?  Yes. Very proud.

"Oh Fleecy, do me a solid and show me Artemis."

The rainbow opened up and sure enough, there was the goddess.

"Artemis!"

The Lady of the Moon looked up and smiled as bright as the full moon, when she saw the girl, "I see you found my gift."

"I did. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome, cousin. Now. What do you need? Had something happened? Are you o-"

"Can you get Apollo for me, please? I need to speak with you two. I dreamed something." Perci interrupted.

Artemis bowed her head and snapped her fingers, muttering a few Latin words.