Quest

Two years ever since her death, Phoenix age of fourteen had discovered so many things about Marco the Phoenix. Through his investigation he had found that his name was quite famous due to being part of the Whitebeard Pirates and being the first commander and first mate himself. His image was older than his present and little quite confused why he looks almost like a pineapple. Checking his present from the water reflection, his hair was longer than the image since his hair was already in shoulder length and not feeling of cutting it he just tied them in ponytail style.

'Well I don't really care about that, it's in the past now.' He nodded as he agreed to himself. He took the small notebook that his late mother figure had given and read the content ones again.

- - -

In the second coming of fullmoon a grave tragedy shall come to the Whitebeard Pirates. Prevent the death of the fourth division commander, Thatch and subdue the offender Marchal D. Teach.

If failed to prevent his death, wait for the announcement in the newspaper about the second commander Fire Fist Ace then stealth your way to Marineford where the War of the Best shall commence. Monkey D. Luffy, the brother of Fire Fist Ace will come and rescue him and succeed, however it's not where it ends. Admiral Sakazuki known as Akainu will speak ill about Whitebeard, leading for Fire Fist Ace to return back and fight against him and soon attack the helpless and weak little brother. Ace will dash forward and used his body to protect his brother, leading to his death. Little later Marchal D. Teach whom he had known himself as Blackbeard had come and killed the captain of the Whitebeard Pirates, Edward Newgate who sacrificed himself to make his children escape, stole his devil fruit, leading him to unbelievably possess two devil fruit, Yami Yami no Mi and Gura Gura no Mi. However before his death, he bellowed something that will stir a new pirate era like Gol D. Roger did before his execution.

To atone your previous failure, prevent Portgas D. Ace's death from Akainu's hand and Whitebeard's death from Blackbeard.

Succeed and I am absolutely sure you will never regret it.

- - -

Phoenix took a deep breath as he looked at the empty sky, 'There's a lot to be done in the second part... and graver one as always... maybe it's expected.' His gaze return back to the note and ones again sigh but eyes held resolve, 'This is Anna's last wish, I will do whatever it takes not to fail her... it's all I can do.'

Following the small log post that's actually attach to the given notebook, he sailed alone to find the Whitebeard Pirates.

"Whitebeard..." He murmured, he doesn't recall anything... yet something about his phoenix soften 'Who are you?'

. . .

The first coming of fullmoon was the day he successfully reached the South Blue. He kept using Phoenix as his name than Marco and even made an effort to make his hair little longer to tie them, giving a little off image in case someone recognized him. He made sure to never use his devil fruit power and continue his training, never forgetting every lesson Anna had taught him.

In order to survive, Marco took the job of the Mercenary. Not many were not surprise by the chosen job because normally the person would become a pirate hunter to earn money but Mercenary, that could be anything which indeed it is. Either protect the important person or item, hunt or assassinate. Phoenix really didn't mind about it, what surprised him was that felt really natural to kill. He concluded that its due to being a pirate in his previous life that he didn't mind at all.

'Although I don't remember it.'

He continue his journey to chaise after the Whitebeard Pirates until finally he had arrived where they're currently dock. Wrapping himself using the cloak his mother figure had given to give camouflage upon his aura, he had decided sneak in to their party.