Chapter 2

First off, let me tell you more about my mother and I's relationship. My mother always told me the day I came and met her eyes when I was first born, she loved me from the start. And even though I'm might not remember it, I'm pretty sure I knew I loved her too. As time passed on I got older, we grew closer. The closer we got, the more we trusted each other. When I was 6, she started teaching me morse code. When I was 6 I thought this would be another fun experience to spend time with my mom. Now when I'm older,  I think that should have been a warning sign. But at the age 7, soon there was something that she was going to teach me that will always connect us. Stars.

          As my mom showed me a book about stars when I was a child I was so amused. All these glowing lights twinkling in the night sky had to be the most fascinating thing ever. There were billions and billions everywhere. So we purchased a telescope and found somewhere we knew that would be enough stars thanks to research, and just watched the stars. There was one conversation that I would always remember and that would come handy in the future. I looked at her, then at the stars and said, 

        "Sometimes I dream I could go up to the stars and touch them or just get to it closer and see them glow. I just wish I could travel closer to them." 

     She would always say, "Dreams are like stars, you might never touch them, but if you follow them, they will lead you to your destiny." 

         What drew us even closer was constellations. I loved to play this game with her where we had to name the most constellations in a matter of 30 seconds. She was always the best at playing that. I swear one time I was so close. I needed to beat her by one. That was a great time. We were also making codes out of stars, such as if we say L.O.V.E it meant Larissa, Ophelia, Venus, and Esther. That was the planet, star, etc. Sadly for me and my mom's future, one of the worst things had happened when I was about 9... someone came into our lives.

           You see my dad is dead from having cancer, he died when I was very young. I can't even really remember what he looked like.  So it was just me and my mom. Unfortunately, as I told you, she met someone. A guy named Logan. His face looked like this typical guy who was just going to stand you up. He looked sketchy and did some sketchy things. For starters, he never liked my mom going anywhere with him. He constantly insisted that he would do and go somewhere by himself.  And anywhere we would go to a restaurant he always said that he forgot his wallet after we ordered the food. Then my mom would have to pay for the food. And of course he always suddenly found his wallet when he wanted to go get some beer or some other place he wanted to go to like an old abandoned house, for whatever reason. What really made me hate him was how he just stole my mom from me.  He literally stole my mom from me.  Not just emotionally but physically, and I hate him for it.