"No! No!" Mum shouted finding her voice. "I'm not, I swear I'm not..."

"Liar!" Kick "lair!" Kick "liar."

He started kicking her randomly and mum kept pleading. Then he straddled her and started unbuckling. "If you won't give me money then as my whorish wife, You'll give me something else. And you tell anybody about this...whoosh Sammy boy would be a was."

"No Dennis, please."

"You won't? You won't?" He pounced on her throwing punches and gripping her neck as he slammed her head on the...

"We better stop here." Elijah said and I turned to see his eyes bloodshot. That's when I realized that I was crying and gripping his hand tightly.

I sprang off the chair wiping my eyes as I paced around. "I'm going to kill him. And you know what, I'm going to do it myself. I've got a Mafia boss on my side now, he promised to help. I'll just need a gun or maybe, maybe some kind of axe. They use that right? Yea, people use that. I'm going to kill him myself. I'm going to kill him. I'm going to kill...argh!"

My hands shot out pushing off all the things on my drawer. "I'm going to kill him. I'm going to kill him." I repeated completely blinded by rage, I just want to kill Dennis. After that, the world would be a better space. Better than now.

"Sammy Sammy Sammy." Elijah shouts rushing to my side. He pulled me to look at him and I did. "I--I can't see you like this Sammy, you're freaking me out. You're not going to kill anybody. We've got evidence now."

"No no no." I said remembering my mum and feeling fresh tears warm my cheek. "I'm going to kill him."

"Sammy you're shaking." Elijah announced holding unto to me. True to his words, my hands were shaking and my head felt like it was going to explode. I was so angry, it was finally consuming me. Or at least that's what i felt.

"Sammy breath. Calm down, Melissa's alright and Dennis is going to get his judgement. Look at me, breath." He gently rubbed his hands around my side in a soothing manner as he coached me to breath. Looking at him, I felt so overwhelmed with emotions. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Whether to hug him or push him away. So I kissed him, that always worked in the movies right?

I pressed my lips against Elijah and kissed him with urgency, then gratefulness. He was stunned for a second but he kissed me back right after. Our urgency seemed to match and soon our lips were moving in sync, creating the nearest feeling to magical.

We broke off for air and I've never hated humans need for air, until now. We just looked at each other until Elijah smiled. "Wow. You should have more rage attacks, if it means kissing like that."

I managed a small smile, brushing hair out his face. "Rage attack?"

"Well, it wasn't a panic attack so, rage attack." He said looking quite proud of himself.

I chuckled, "You're crazy." Then I sighed taking a seat, I'm still getting over it. "That was scary."

"Tell me about it." Elijah said taking a seat beside me, I shoved him off.

"Idiot, you're supposed to make me feel better."

"But it was scary. The thought of anything happening to you is scary. I'll rather I have the rage attack." He said sincerely taking a seat again.

"Then I'll be freaked out." I told him and he smiled entwining our fingers again and looking at me— looking at me like I was the most being on the planet. I broke eye contact. "I'm sorry Elijah."

"I like you anyway, even more. Nothing to be sorry about, I'd be at enraged too."

"I like you too, more and more." I confessed without knowing.

Elijah smirked, "more and more? You love me then?"

I looked up at him. Then my stupid mouth spoke without waiting for my brain. "Probably."

The teasing smile dropped off his face and he just stared at me. "Well I do." Before I could fully comprehend what he just said, he picked the camera up again. "This would help, no police can ignore this. And this video proves that Dennis is a complete monster. He'd get a lot of years stuck in the little house for this. Maybe even the rest of his life."

"Yeah. That'll get rid of him." I answered still a little disoriented by Elijah's talk.

He pulled me up,  "Come on let's go."

----------------------

...and the garbage man is here. Tell me what you all imagine happening next.

We're coming to an end of the book. I don't know how many more chapters are left. 😢 I love you all.

Quick question: who has seen the emoji movie? And why don't we have a jean emoji? Not fair!

©CriticallyIntense