029

Sammy Walcott

"Walcott!"

I moved forward picking up a ball with my stick, my eyes moved to the bleachers and I could see Elijah sitting at the same spot surrounded by girls. A sigh escaped my lips and my eyes narrowed back at the guy at the post.

With one fluid shot, the ball shot forward and passed by the goalie's stick, entering straight into the post. Some girls watching cheered, clapping their hands together.

Coach clapped calling on another student to practice. It wasn't something big, I was used to doing this almost every time but weirdly, now, I yearned praise. Praise from Elijah. I looked back at the bleachers and now he was smiling his million dollar smile at the girls and wiggling his brows. I wonder what he's saying.

My eyes dropped down to the girl who had her hand on his thigh, inching higher and higher. I frowned as I glared at the moving hand. What the fuck? Does she even know he's gay? Does he not mind that she's touching him? Does she know that he's m--

"Walcott!" Coach yelled right into my ear, a hand on my shoulder.

"What the hell Coach?!" I yelled covering my left ear. My fingers hurt, I was holding unto the lacrosse stick too tightly.

" I should be asking you that. What's with you? I've been calling your name." He said looking at me eye wide.

I looked around and the boys were laughing and smiling, Dave even had the guts to mouth 'weirdo' at me. I turned to look back at Elijah and this time he was looking at me, raising an amused brow that immediately fell when he took in my glare.

"I'm fine coach, what's up?" I asked eyes still glaring at Elijah.

I earned a smack on the back of my head that made me snap a glare at coach. Mistake, that earned me another smack.

"Don't give me that look boy. You and the others should run laps around. Understood?"

I glared back at Elijah, if possible, harder. "Yes, Coach." I threw my gloves down and ran off. Fuck Elijah and his girlfriends.

After a long exhausting run around the field, multiple time, I was too tired to even be angry or god forbid I say, jealous? I sat down on the bench, sweating all through. My hair was wet and matted down on my head.

"Here." I knew it was him without even looking. If he didn't speak, I'd still know it's him. "Water."

I yanked the bottle away from him and gulped down the content in a flash. I felt Elijah sitting beside me, all quiet. I risked a look and he was staring ahead into the field, fiddling a stone between his fingers. I watched him and I could feel my anger slash jealousy lifting off.

There was nothing spectacular about him fiddling a stone, but I still watched as if spelled by his big long fingers, clearly more than mine. Mine was just long and slender. Elijah turned to me and I looked back at him. His eyes had me transfixed and my eyes dropped to his pale lips.

"Gotta change." I said immediately rushing out and into the school. My little bath helped me relax— a lot. I overreacted. Its not as if I caught him kissing a girl or something and he told me himself that he's gay, he being with girls shouldn't bug me. Its guys I should be angry about. Wait, I have no right to be angry or not, guys or girls, he's not mine.

We just kissed, multiple times. Doesn't mean he's automatically my boyfriend. Do I even want a boyfriend? Does Elijah even want one? Do I qualify?