TALK BUSINESS TO ME

"Come in." I hear Harry's voice of confirmation to my knocking on his office door. Harry has been working from home for the past week and a half to make sure nothing else happens where our lives are put at risk.

He had two older men in his office and he was having a meeting that had been going on since this morning. As I open the door to his office, he removed his head from the hand that was propping it up on the clear glass table, a smile overcoming his once bored features when he sees me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." I apologize, beginning to close the door back again before the smiling men call me in.

"On the contrary," one of them says. "I think you've saved this fucker from us boring him further." One of the men joked, finishing off his drink.

He earns a chuckle from Harry who was motioning for me to stand beside him and when I do, he sits me down on his lap. I smiled sheepishly at the men due to Harry's mannerisms. I was sure what the men would think of this, I wasn't usually one for PDA.

"Gentlemen," Harry begins. "This is Rosalie, my wife, Rosalie, these are friends of my father, senior employees, Gerald Heifmen and Silas Blanc." They both nod to me with curt smiles, Silas main ting his gaze on me a bit longer.

"Hi." I say shyly. I don't know why, but men in business suits always intimidated me, especially older men like them with grey hair, powerful jawlines and knowledge in their eyes. Harry intimidated too at first, but not as much as these men did.

"Lovely home you've got here, Rosalie. Everything is so well kept." Gerald comments and I feel Harry press a sole kiss to my shoulder, only adding up to my nervousness and I could tell Harry sensed this and was finding amusement in it.

"Thank you," I say. I could've easily taken credit for that, but I make Harry help around the house too when he isn't busy, despite his whims.

"Won't be our home for long," Harry adds. "With everything that happened, we're looking to buy something else, somewhere safer and acceptable for the kids and Rosie."

"Ah yes," Silas speaks now. "The assault. You know, you should really check in with Sandra about the will and all that, is your old one still destined to go to Renata?"

At the mention of a will, it made me feel uneasy. I never liked talking about death or wills, it made me uncomfortable, especially if I'm hearing this out of nowhere.

"Now that you mention, I might as well have to update that." Harry says.

"I can leave if you want me to?" I say. I was starting to feel like I shouldn't be listening to any of this. It was Harry's business after all. However, Harry presses me into his chest to forbid me to leave.

"Actually, I'd really love it if you'd stay." Harry says with pleading eyes and I had no choice but to stay.

"Back to what we were talking about," Gerald says. "The corporate party. Do you like yachts, Rosalie?"

He directs his question to me and I turn to him, as I'm about to answer, I feel Harry's hands slowly reach up under my shirt on my back making me shove him away, discreetly. "I've only been on one once." I say. "It was nice."

"Harry hasn't taken you on his yacht yet?"

"In Jamaica." Harry says.

"So fuck your Seattle one, right?"

"It was for her birthday, I wanted to take her outside of Seattle." Harry remarks making the man chuckle. How many yachts did this man have? This whole conversation was overwhelming to me, but they seemed to be speaking in an established manner, as if this was normal to them and not at all, out of the ordinary.