WHAT A SHOW

Everything seemed slow motion. I was still trying to process what just had happened, none of which my mind could make out. I remember dropping to my knees harshly beside Harry, my hands cupping his cheeks as I shake him slightly.

"No, please wake up." I cried, my vision blurry with hot tears. It didn't take long for police to soon arrive at the scene, some of them looking around with their guns in their hands for any threats.

"Ma'am, you need to go ahead and come with us." A police woman says to me, kneeling down as two paramedics come to Harry's aid.

"No, I can't leave him." I say, taking my arm back.

"He's alive," one of the paramedics says. "He's in a state of shock, but he's loosing quite a lot of blood so we have to get him to a hospital fast." They begin to move him onto the stretcher and I follow them to the ambulance before I am stopped.

"We'd prefer if you'd come with us." The police says.

"Please, he's my husband." I plead. "Let me go with him." The police man hesitated before nodding and walking away and I am getting inside the ambulance.

As they were about to close the doors, I allow myself to look out to see a tall figure in the distance, having a smoke. I see them reach into their pants to retrieve something and a few seconds later, I receive a text.

Unknown.
What a show.

"Rosie." I hear my name being called, forcing me out of my state. It was the next day and I was still in the hospital, waiting for Harry to wake up. He had surgery to get the bullets removed, thankfully they didn't pierce any organ rather than a few muscles but he wasn't critical, he was under a lot of anesthesia though.

When I look up, I see Anne and Gemma coming towards me making me stand up and immediately, they engulf me in a tight embrace. "I'm so sorry." I cry into them. I feel Anne shake her head and stroke my hair.

"Don't be, none of this is your fault." She says. When we back away from the hug, she holds tears in her eyes but she wipes mine away instead and holds my face in her hands. "I spoke to the doctor, he's going to be fine, and I'm glad you and the kids are okay."

"Why didn't you tell us what was going on?" Gemma speaks now, putting hair behind my ear and rubbing my back.

"I just didn't want to worry you guys, knowing you were in London. I know I'm in no state to say that now, but I didn't think this would go too far." I explain, wiping away stray tears.

I noticed another man by the front door making me recollect myself and Gemma looks to him before motioning for him to join us. "I know this isn't the best time, but this is my boyfriend Nate." She says with a small smile.

Nate walks over and shakes my hand. "I know I didn't just hear the word boyfriend." My head snaps to the sound of the voice to see Harry with furrowed eyebrows, struggling to sit up with a groan.

"You're awake!" Anne says making us go to his side. He was hooked to all kinds of wires, his lip was now a bit purple and his eyebrow had a small bandaid with a few light bruises scattered on his face.

"I've been awake for the past five minutes, waiting to see who will talk shit about me while I'm unconscious." He says. He tries to remove the wire on his hand to which I stop him, causing him to look to me. "Hey, look mum. An angel." He points to me and I smile.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I say, holding his hand and kissing his knuckles. "The kids can't wait to see you."

"I'm sorry you have to go through this," Harry apologizes. "When I get out, we're moving houses, anywhere you'd like so we'll be safer. In fact, I'll start looking now, where's my laptop?"

"Harry, no. You rest." I say.

"Okay," he grumbles. "Now who is the unfortunate bastard that's dating my sister that I have to kill?" At this, I roll my eyes and Nate stretches his hand towards Harry for a handshake, but he only stares at it.

"Excuse him, a near death experience won't stop my little brother from being a pompous idiot." Gemma jokes when Nate takes his hand back that Harry refused to shake.

For the rest of the day, we spend it in Harry's room tending to his needs. Even in the state in which he was, he managed to threaten Nate about ever hurting Gemma, and I quote: "Even though I got shot, I won't hesitate to kick your ass."

After a while, Harry speaks up. "I'd like a moment with my wife, please." He says to them to which they nod and exit, leaving only the two of us with the soft sound of the TV playing in the background. "Come here." He smiles, softly patting the space on the bed.

Once I'm seated, he grabs my hands and draws circles on the back of it with his thumb. "What's up?" I say with a smile and watch as he stares at me, almost as if he's taking every bit of my being in, as if I were to disappear forever.

"I just love you so much." He says. "I don't know how I ever got so lucky."

"Stop it." I say, feeling my cheeks flush.

"I know you love our kids." He says and I smile at the thought of them.

"You have no idea."

"I can imagine," Harry chuckles. "Which is why I want you to adopt them." This catches me off guard so I stare at him confused. "I want them to be legally yours, should anything happen to me."

"Harry—"

"I know we're married and all, but I want you to have as much parental rights as I do."

"But Renata is still alive?" I say. I saw the police arrest her. "I don't think she'll give you consent to it, being in jail."

"What rights will she have? She was never there. You just leave that to me though, I'll take care of everything." Harry says. "So what do you say?"

Without answering, I carefully lean down to him so our lips meet. "I say yes."